Seaspace Virtual Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hawkeye Mark

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If anyone remembers during Seaspace there was a kids exhibit called the Virtual Dive.It was a series of replicas of reefs. Houston Underwater Club still has most of the exhibit in storage. Some was loaned to the Flower Gardens office but their storage was wiped out in Hurricane Ike. The vast majority is still there.

We have been able to exhibit it once during the last dive show held in Houston two years ago. Unfortunately this is a continuing expense and there hasnt been any opportunity to exhibit it.

If anyone knows of someone who will take it off our hands they are welcome to it. All they have to do is make arrangements to pick it up. If you are interested post here. Serious inquiries only. Its stored in a storage place north of I-10 and Campbell.

Suggestions have been made to show it at schools. However the membership of the club including the officers dont have time to do something of this nature. We offered it to Texas Parks and Wildlife but got no response.

If anyone is seriously interested please post. Soon it will be in the dumpster, unfortunately.

Let me check with a lady here in Dallas. She been getting a dive club/classes in Houston for one of the high schools up and going. I'll get hold of her to see if she might want it for her students.

No rush. Just need to know by middle of March

She said yes, she needs all the visual help she can get. Thanks. pm sent.

just as a suggestion, the children's aquarium at fair park in dallas recently re-opened after rennovations. if they have space, i'm sure they would make good use of it. someone from the aquarium posts on this board as [user]sharky60[/user]

Children's Aquarium at Fair Park Dallas Texas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom