SeaSoft Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dtykris

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am doing my drysuit class tomorrow night and this weekend the confined and ow dives... the rental suit is the entry level SeaSoft drysuit. We will be in beautiful Pearl lake located in WI - Pearl sets the standard for high viz diving

Anyone have any comments?

Thanks

David

Thanks

My instructor is all about them - I'm pumped

David

I own a Seasoft Ti 3000. You will have the TX and it is a great suit to learn and train with. However, if you decide to purchase a suit, I would recommend the Ti3000. The compressed neoprene and flexibility of this suit makes it more comfortable than the TX. The Ti3000 also uses SiTech valves.

Seasoft suits are very simple. No color, no designs, just a good, warm drysuit.

The valve placement is on the wrist of this suit. It makes it very easy to dump air. It is a little hard to get used to going from a shoulder dump, but not bad.

It does use neoprene seals so make sure you roll them under properly to get a good fit and seal.

The boots are the best part of the suit. They have a thick, sneaker-type sole so they are fantasic for shore diving. However, you need to make sure your fins will fit with the boots. Because the soles are thick, you may need to go up a size fin, if you use thin sole booties right now.

Enjoy diving dry,

I own a Seasoft Ti 3000. You will have the TX and it is a great suit to learn and train with. However, if you decide to purchase a suit, I would recommend the Ti3000. The compressed neoprene and flexibility of this suit makes it more comfortable than the TX. The Ti3000 also uses SiTech valves.

Seasoft suits are very simple. No color, no designs, just a good, warm drysuit.

The valve placement is on the wrist of this suit. It makes it very easy to dump air. It is a little hard to get used to going from a shoulder dump, but not bad.

It does use neoprene seals so make sure you roll them under properly to get a good fit and seal.

The boots are the best part of the suit. They have a thick, sneaker-type sole so they are fantasic for shore diving. However, you need to make sure your fins will fit with the boots. Because the soles are thick, you may need to go up a size fin, if you use thin sole booties right now.

Enjoy diving dry,

Thank you very much for the reply and advice - I had planned on taking my current fins as I do use a thin soles to make sure I have a good fit.. I am heading to the classroom now

Have a great day!

David

Well - its done!!!

Completed all the dives and have cert card on its way!!

I have no reference for other dry suits, but the SeaSoft was excellent..

We did multiple dives in Pearl Lake, WI and although the vis was zero the suit held strong moving through the thermoclines and was quite a thrill to dive in. We did the skills multiple times and the inflated leg exercise was quite fun - on the last set of skills I thought my boots were going to pop off to the moon!

Ill be renting for now - until I can secretly save a enough to purchase my own at half price ( at least that's what my wife thinks I pay for everything):wink:

David

Back
Top Bottom