Seaskin setup accessories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Zef yeah, the suit cuff thing was the same for me when I ordered mine in 2019. I ended up not adding the glove side to my cart, which is one of the things I was whining about in said contentious thread. No big deal, I just ordered the glove side straight from KUBI at comparable cost. I guess you could say that the glove side isn't really part of the suit itself, so it doesn't belong in the suit-building process.

I don’t have a seaskin, but in one of the other threads it was mentioned that the crotch Kevlar reinforcement appears to have caused increased wear and tear of the actual suit in the crotch area

So something to keep in mind for the OP, avoid crotch reinforcement

Would be interesting to hear if anyone else experienced that also. I only saw 1 mentioning of that happening
I went with kevlar knee pads, and the PU bum pads. The thought was that I do a lot of shore diving, and sometimes crawl out of the water on my knees, so extra padding on the knees might be good. And I spend a lot of time leaning against the tailgate of my truck, so the bum pads might be good. In the end, I don't find either one to be particularly necessary, since the material of the suit itself is strong enough without the reinforcements, so I'd skip them next time.

+1 on the personalized patch, by the way, mine came out pretty good
image_67199489.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom