Seaskin setup accessories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnydive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’m on the process of ordering my nova. Which options should I take? Which one is a must!!!

Thanks

For me, must’s
1. Plastic zip with cover
2. Pee valve
3. Sitech oval wrist system
4. Sitech valves

i would at this point opt for a glued in neoprene neck seal but I’ve always bought the quick neck ring system but use with neoprene seals from waterproof which are pricy.

For me, must’s
1. Plastic zip with cover
2. Pee valve
3. Sitech oval wrist system
4. Sitech valves

i would at this point opt for a glued in neoprene neck seal but I’ve always bought the quick neck ring system but use with neoprene seals from waterproof which are pricy.
I’ll prob go with the user replaceable neck seal. What about the kubi ring system? Worth it?

I was just in a similar situation recently and happy with the suggestions I got on this board.
I agree with all of the above. I haven't ripped my neck seal yet, but happy I invested in the user replaceable seals for peace of mind. I've already ripped one wrist seal, so happy to have the Sitech oval system.
I also got bilateral pockets, both of which I use, and Kevlar kneepads.
I opted for the telescoping torso. I haven't tried getting into a drysuit without it, but I find it very easy to don and doff with this feature.

Agree with lexvil's advice. I would add to that list: telescoping torso (makes it easier to don and doff), and DIR dump valve location, and compressed neoprene socks. You may want to consider pockets and a cutting device, these options are a pretty good value from SeaSkin I think, but not every diver will want them.

I do like my KUBI ring system. Have not tried any other dryglove system, so can't speak to how it compares. Definitely worth springing for one type of dryglove or another if you are diving under 10C/50F or so.

What sort of undergarments do you use, or if you don't know, what is the coldest temps you dive? If you dive really cold water, the "allowance for extra thick undergarments" option might be a good idea.

I prefer the RoLock glove system KUBI are also good.

@johnydive , I agree with the recommendations that @lexvil made but just for clarification and a couple of exceptions:

if you order the Si-Tech oval wrist ring system, you should order the "Rolock 90" glove system, the regular "Rolock" system is for use with glued in latex wrist seals.

My preference is a replaceable neck ring system...for me, I would order the suit with a Si-Tech Quick Neck setup but others apparently have had good experience with the slightly more flexible Si-Tech O-rust neck ring...I am just not in favor of the clips required for that system.

I also prefer a brass zipper to plastic but acknowledge the plastic ones are less maintenance.

I have low profile Apeks valves on my suit and they have been working great. I am not sure what the advantage of Si-Tech valves are but I know they make good products so I don't think one would have issues with either product.

If you go with Si-Tech neck and wrist rings, buy a few extra seals with your suit....you would be hard-pressed to find them less expensive from any other shop or website.

Take your time with your order, reach out here or with SeaSkin with any questions/concerns about product options, and double check your selections before finalizing....others have recently failed to do so then posted complaints on Scuba Board because they didn't get what they expected/wanted.

-Z

While all the posts above have good advice, they missed the most important point:

The custom name tag and flag is a must!

I saw one in person this weekend and it looked great.

I don't see the RoLock glove system on their website. It used to be there, maybe they no longer offer it?

Agree with lexvil's advice. I would add to that list: telescoping torso (makes it easier to don and doff), and DIR dump valve location, and compressed neoprene socks. You may want to consider pockets and a cutting device, these options are a pretty good value from SeaSkin I think, but not every diver will want them.

I do like my KUBI ring system. Have not tried any other dryglove system, so can't speak to how it compares. Definitely worth springing for one type of dryglove or another if you are diving under 10C/50F or so.

What sort of undergarments do you use, or if you don't know, what is the coldest temps you dive? If you dive really cold water, the "allowance for extra thick undergarments" option might be a good idea.
I was thinking of using the 250gr seaskin undergarment.

Back
Top Bottom