Seaskin Customer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here we go with wrong assumptions and false innuendoes.

Are you saying that even if their website had all the information on it that you wanted, that you would still have used your time and taken up their time to talk on the phone?

ps. You know I'm just jerking your chain... LOL :D

I’m glad that Seaskin does such a great job and such a comprehensive website that they have never had to development such an extensive customer “service” department, having great customer service seems to triple the price…

Are you saying that even if their website had all the information on it that you wanted, that you would still have used your time and taken up their time to talk on the phone?

I was testing them out. You should see my questioning of dive vendors I deal with the first time. I want more in depth information on their products and compare it to other mfg's products. In this particular case, I was still "new" with O3 and wanted to know more about them compared to the other product lines I am very familiar with such as DUI.

ps. You know I'm just jerking your chain... LOL :D

And you think that I am butting in here just because I am bored??? You don't think that I enjoy busting your marbles just as much as you do mine????

LOOOOOL

I know that even when you seem to have disappeared from SB or FB, I know that I can get you to come out of hiding and respond when I comment in your threads LOL. Heck, I'd bring you back from the dead just by commenting here.

I’m glad that Seaskin does such a great job and such a comprehensive website that they have never had to development such an extensive customer “service” department, having great customer service seems to triple the price…

Hahahahaha, you are learning from @stuartv LOL

Hi there.

I can see, it took so much time to be repaired, just with @stuartv perseverance on keep going to contact seaskin, got repaired.

I'm in another situation, I would like to buy a drysuit , tried to send email but not easy to get answer, i have to ask the same question with a 1st request...a 2nd request.. and so on. only in this way I get a short and incompletely answer.
from last Thursday I still have to receive email about few doubts waiting answer.
it's strange how they keep this "customer care"

what's happen in case of issue after received the drysuit?

price is good and matter but customer service is also important.

do you have similar experience or i'm just not lucky?

I emailed them asking about sizing for drysuit boots and socks. They responded back quickly, but that was about a year and a half ago.

When I got my suit it was delayed due to covid among their staff so I called them a few times towards the end of June this year and they always answered the phone and answered my questions as long as it was within business hours for them. It sounds like they are short staffed and they are hesitant to hire new workers because they want to maintain their high quality standards. That could be the cause of their slow response, they are busy making suits .

That could be the cause of their slow response, they are busy making suits .

Or they can't afford it financially since their suits are cheap and don't have any margins for decent customer care/after sales service.

Or they can't afford it financially since their suits are cheap and don't have any margins for decent customer care/after sales service.

Their suits are inexpensive. Not cheap.

And, the rest of your point seems pretty much obvious. They have chosen to not spend a lot of time or money on customer care/PRE-sales service. Because they don't need to. The vast majority are able to order and get just what they want without needing to speak to someone on the phone and ask a lot of questions. They invested in putting all the info on their website, and that works just fine for most people.

For after sales service, what is your basis to say they don't have decent service? Once I followed the instructions on their website, I got perfectly fine after sale service. Warranty service, in fact. Did you not? Do you know someone who didn't?

I have had customers in the past that "had a lot of questions". Sometimes, in business, you have to recognize when someone is not a customer you want... You leave them to be helped by some other business that charges a big premium and uses that money to fund the hand-holding - uhh, I mean personal service - that those customers demand.

@stuartv you are saying, because price is good: or you can understand everything from their website, otherwise move to a more priced brand that can offer a customer service?
I'm not sure if this is the way a business has to follow, but I'm just a likely customer who is looking to buy a drysuit.

probably I'm not a so clever scuba diver as the one who bought a seaskin nova without any hesitation.

I feel as I have to beg to get answer even for what asked about few doubts got after read deeply their Website, but probably I'm the customer you describe below:
I have had customers in the past that "had a lot of questions". Sometimes, in business, you have to recognize when someone is not a customer you want... You leave them to be helped by some other business that charges a big premium

anyway a drysuit is made to last more than few years and during this relationship with my drysuit and myself, I would like to have a support just incase.

if I need to beg for answer even for the first made contact by the filled form on website, mmmm..it makes me worry about what can happen next.

for me 1000 usd is not a peanut but money earned with hard work. that's why i wanna be sure to make the right purchase.

@stuartv reading you post I can see we are different customer :wink:

I ordered a Seaskin Ultra about a year and a half ago. At the time, they only had one option for attached boots, so that's what I got. I received the suit in January of 2020.

From my first weekend of diving it, it seemed like it had a tiny leak in the right foot area. It was weird because it leaked so little that I didn't notice it on the first dive. Then I started to notice it, but it was as if it only leaked when I first got in the water, during the initial squeeze of the suit to get the air out. It seemed like it would leak then, and then not leak any more, no matter how long the dive was.

For a while I thought maybe it was just my imagination and that the dampness on my right foot was from sweat condensing. However, eventually, I knew that it was actually leaking a little.

I emailed Seaskin about it for the first time at teh beginning of April (2020). I sent the email as a Reply to the sales rep that had sent me my original sales order confirmation. He responded promptly, but referred me to their repair manager, whom he CC'ed on the email. I emailed the repair manager again, directly, in mid-May. I never did ever hear back from that guy.

I procrastinated more. I emailed the sales guy again at the beginning of October. By that time, I had also developed a problem with the left boot where I did a couple of 200' dives and the left boot didn't let water in, but after the dive, walking on it felt very squishy. As if a big air bubble had formed between the insole and the outsole. It seemed to me to be likely the same kind of problem as in the right boot. I did not hear back from the sales guy.

This time I only procrastinated a couple of weeks before I finally did what I should have done in the first place. I went to the Seaskin website, found their "Contact Us" email address and sent an email to that. They responded promptly and told me to ship them the suit with their Drysuit Warrantee and Repair form filled out and enclosed.

I finally did that and got it in the mail to them on December 12th. I procrastinated for a long time, but I finally made sure I sent it back before my 1 year warranty expired.

It took the USPS a full month to deliver it! I shipped it on Dec 12th and it was finally delivered to Seaskin on January 12th! USPS was wasy cheaper than FedEx or UPS...

.........................................................................................

So, all in all, I am pretty happy with how things went and with Seaskin service. The process took a long time, but that was mostly me and my procrastination, and also me emailing the wrong people, instead of going in "through the front door" so to speak. And COVID definitely played its part in the time it took.

Bottom line: Mistakes happen. But, something like a brand new suit having a leak seems like quite a rarity with Seaskin. I am still just as happy as ever with my Seaskin suits.

Emailed about this issue on April 2020 you got fixed on 2021,

you sent email without reply from the repair manager…

mid may 2020 No reply at all…

October 2020 with the second boot issue. New email..but not reply at all.

December 2020 after you use the contact form on website they replied.

What if instead of small leak was another issue that could not make you dive with this drysuit?

I don’t want to enter in the dispute if..they have or not to charge for repair and/or shipping cost a faulty couple of boots from a new dry suit

here the main leak is not from boots but from communication

I sent an email or two and didn't get a response. I called them and got hold of accountant. He was polite and honest within his area, but told me to call again later since production manager is not available atm. Later call got me through and Richard was both polite, honest and knowledgeable in answering all my questions. I am planning to order suit from them as soon as I sort out shipping.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom