SEASICKNESS......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ldreamin

Reaction score
Is anyone here familiar with the prescription patch for seasickness? I have cronic seasickness. Nothing over the counter works for me, I've tried it all. I do use the patch and it WORKS!!!! I don't feel any physical side effects but my eyes dilate uneven and makes my eyes look very strange. The patch is suppose to be good for 3 days but they only last 2 for me. The 3rd day, I can make the dive but with a little nausea. Any thoughts on why this happens?
Ldreaamin

Nobody has any thoughts on this? It took me almost a year to get certified due to being sick and I'll tell you I'm glad I made it!! I would do it again to get the enjoyment I get from diving! Guess I'm addicted huh? It was a tough road to get here but I've got it down now.....

Ldreamin

Hi L,

Don't fret, I am fairly sure you are not alone in your motion sickness dilemma. The Docs should be making their rounds soon and they have all been known to provide excellent input and advice.

In the meantime, you might want to check out some of these posts. You might find something helpful in there.

Cheers,

Hi Ldreamin:

Glad you get a good response from the patch. Scopolamine is the best thing for most people and the transdermal release method is the best for most people. Note that I said 'most' people, as some swear by a multitude of other remedies.

Everyone reacts to medications in a slightly different fashion due to differences in thickness of skin, amounts of oil or fluid in the skin and a myriad of other factors that affect absorption.

The difference in your pupil size is interesting and may be due to medication on your hands getting into the affected eye.

You're right about motion sickness being a bummer and ruining a dive trip.

More about sea sickness and diving at http://www.scuba-doc.com/seask.html

Back
Top Bottom