Jellyfish Sting Treatment Advice - Blistering and Getting Worse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrisjur

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We've been lucky to have some amazing water temps here in South Florida this winter. Bad news is that I ascended from a dive on Saturday into a massive school of white Jellyfish. I was wearing a full 3mm suit, but it had ridden up about an inch or two at my ankle where my suit meets my booties. Of course, the jellies found this one strip of unexposed skin and got me.

The immediate symptoms where typical: stinging, slight pain, itchy, etc. Nothing major. Now 4 days later, it's turned into a patch of blisters about 2 inches x 2 inches wide. There is no pain, just some slight itching, but it looks terrible and is a minor annoyance. I have been treating it with antibiotic ointment and Benadryl spray. I'm avoiding touching or itching it. It does not seem to be getting any better, however.

Should I be concerned about this? Is there a better way that I should be treating it?

Appreciate your help.

Very warm water (not scalding)
hydrocortisone cream

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom