Sea's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went and dont want to sound negative...was a little disappointed.

There were only a couple of manufacturers there. Halcyon and DiveRite
were the only primary equipment manufacturers I saw. I believe there were
one or two suit manufacturers there as well but not sure. Halcyon had its
display on rotating displays so you could only touch....but not try on. They
may have had a rig in a bag behind the table but not sure.

DiveRite had lots of stuff and plenty to try on and play with. I liked their display.

Then the rest were lds booths, travel booths and clubs.

It was good considering I only had an hour and a half drive....but would have been ticked had I driven up there three or four hours one way.

But it was still better than nothing. It did give me a chance to try the DR TransPlate with their deluxe harness. Of which, I will soon be the proud new owner of such a rig.

It would be great if next time one of these things goes on....that SB could have a little table in the corner or out in the foyer so SB members could drop by and meet each other. If I am not out on a work trip I would be glad to sit there a while and help.

In that line.......would anyone here like to plan a get together at a restuarant or someplace in the next month or so??? Would anyone come??

thanks RICHinNC I will pass that one to dave sweetin of halcyon , oh they did have few extra rigs you could of tried on . we been having hard time getting equipment manufacters coming but boy the cattle (DIVE) boats are quick to come .
next year we trying to expain so please if you went post your suggections in hear . thanks medic13.
oh maybe we can have our own group there next year we see!!!!

I was about the 5th person through the door so they probably hadnt drug them out yet. It would be nice to have more manufacturers there.

For what it is worth....the only complaint I heard from a number of vendors was the volumn and constant use of the public address system. When the PA was fired up practically all conversations between attendees and booth personnel ceased.

I havent a clue what a table would cost there....maybe the organizers would be spice girl nice....really really really nice.....and make it very affordable since the cost of an SB table would probably be coming out of the pockets of whomever sat at it.

I was at SEAS on Sat. It was a little smaller that last year. They have a big problem to overcome. To draw lots of big names, esp from a long distance, you have to be a big show but to become a big show, you have to have lots of big names. Advertising is another problem, with little budget how do you get effective advertising? I wonder how many non active divers or more importantly, non divers, even knew about it. I think that finding another venu that has a pool would help as well. Nondivers could do try scuba and divers could try out new gear.

Sorry Rich, I missed the meeting comment. I am always up for a get together, just drop me a PM. You are always welcome at the DownUnder club meetings. I try to make as many of them as I can. I would be happy to do some SB table duty next year.

My two daughters and I worked as volunteers all day Sunday.

Not having been to a show before, I didn't really know what to expect - but was suprised at how small the show actually was.

If you were there - my younger daughter and I worked the silent auction till 2:30 and my older daughter worked the SEAS booth.

well I have passed this stuff onto Sea's board members they are allways looking at ways to improve as more equipment manufactures are being too picky as bringing displays, most save them for DEMA .

Please dont get my input wrong there Medic....a small show is better than no show at all. I REALLY appreciated everyones efforts and those that showed up.

Herman...once I make my move to the Fuquay area I def plan to get hooked up with the club. And, I also plan to attend your second Tuesday of the month dinner. (Any single middle aged ladies ???)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom