Search and Rescue - Scubaboard Staff Member - Northernone - Missing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutely. He appears to dive with camera rig, so keeping the rescue in the air when it gets dark is key.

absolutely. He appears to dive with camera rig, so keeping the rescue in the air when it gets dark is key.

Cameron apparently doesn't have the camera with him. Earlier posts said his mother returned with the camera.

well, as he was going to 150, he likely had a decent light. i certainly hope so..

Do we know any more detail about the dive itself? The thing that immediately stood out to me was the scooter. Those have an ability to take you places you can't get back from on your own if they fail. And they are very expensive which can make one reluctant to leave it behind.
If I were designing such a thing I think I would include a canister of compressed/liquified gas and a lift bag actuated by a panic button.

Donation made. I notice that someone from the northern subarctic community he lives in during the summer has donated, too.

I wish I could help other than money. Cameron is one of the "Good Guys". I'll make it a point to meet him my next trip to Cozumel. How positive is that? Keep floating, Cameron. We're coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom