Seals in Whaler's Cove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Facebook sucks.

Okay I can't take much more of the facebook bashing.

Why does it suck? Because you have to login to an account to view this video? That's apparently an intended design of the site, and no one is forcing anyone to watch this.

Really people, it isnt THAT difficult. In fact its no more difficult than making an account on here. If millions of people and my Dad can manage it on their own I would venture to guess that Facebook is making it as easy as they can for people to signup.

Since I want to provide a solution here it is.

Signup Here:

Type in your Full Name
E-Mail Address
A Password
Select your gender
Select your birthday
"Sign Up"

You will probably get an email with a link that you have to click to confirm your account.

If you still need help:

How long is whelping season? I will be diving Monterey next week and I sure hope I can catch the tail end of it.

I still can't see the video, I most be a bonehead!!! Where is Ernst when you need him?

No, the problem is that I don't WANT a facebook account. I don't NEED a facebook account. And I don't LIKE this kind of manipulative approach to data that REQUIRES an account just to look at one little video. It's not a question of difficulty. It's a question of not wanting to have to bother with yet another online account. Does that clear it up?

Okay I can't take much more of the facebook bashing.

Why does it suck? Because you have to login to an account to view this video? That's apparently an intended design of the site, and no one is forcing anyone to watch this.

Really people, it isnt THAT difficult. In fact its no more difficult than making an account on here. If millions of people and my Dad can manage it on their own I would venture to guess that Facebook is making it as easy as they can for people to signup.

Since I want to provide a solution here it is.

Signup Here:

Type in your Full Name
E-Mail Address
A Password
Select your gender
Select your birthday
"Sign Up"

You will probably get an email with a link that you have to click to confirm your account.

If you still need help:

No, the problem is that I don't WANT a facebook account. I don't NEED a facebook account. And I don't LIKE this kind of manipulative approach to data that REQUIRES an account just to look at one little video. It's not a question of difficulty. It's a question of not wanting to have to bother with yet another online account. Does that clear it up?

Sure does, Facebook doesn't suck. You just don't want to make an account.

Also facebook itself doesn't REQUIRE you to have an account to view the video. The user can set the permissions (however its a bit of work to get it all setup, especially for something like this). Either way, YouTube certainly does require an account to post video's so perhaps the content owner just like yourself does not NEED a youtube account, does not LIKE a manipulative approach that REQUIRES him to make an account just to post one little video when he already has a working method.

Either way the video was posted by Bruce to share, it wasnt posted for facebook bashing. If you have a facebook account then its there for you to enjoy, if not and you are having problems making one send me a PM maybe I can help.

Sure does, Facebook doesn't suck. You just don't want to make an account.

It sucks because it requires such things. Youtube does require an account to post, that's only normal. But it doesn't require an account to view. That's the difference. Youtube respects the casual viewer; facebook doesn't, hence it sucks. that'll be my last word on the subject. I respect your view; I hope you can reciprocate.

The sites have two different purposes. One is a social network, the other is a video sharing site.

Im done arguing this. Its just not worth it.

I like Facebook and Youtube. :blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom