sealife or canon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almost every shot i see from gabe and afew others with canons are great shots....i have never seen a "great" shot from a sealife.yeah i made up my mind think im just safer with the canon.

Why all the devils man?

:angry mob:

If you take the space out you get an angry mob, with torches and pitchforks. I see SB as many mobs; some of them angry. A few of the angry ones probably think I type heresy and may have members stalking my posts :idk:

well forget the angry crowds and pitch forks and torches cause i just got home with my canon g11 and i cant wait for the housing to get here!! took some snap shots and im already impressed as for the housing ordered it on line thru scuba.com got a nice package for about 260.now all i can think about is.....IS IT HERE YET!!!??? anyway thanks all for the info. kept me from making a serioius mistake.and no I wont imbarrass myself with the junk pics i know i will be producing during the learning process.man oh man. IS IT HERE YET?

What housing did you go with and why? I've been trying to decide which camera to buy. I had a reef master that i absolutely hated. The buttons always stuck and even though it was rated to 130ft. it would freeze up at about 80ft.

I am so Pleased you were convinced to Go Canon, I am a Canon lover, And I could tell you some real Horr Stories I had with Sea-Life!!!

yeah one of the owners of the dive shop i work at has a dc1000 and truely hates it.he is buying a g11 also. and my underwater housing came in today....great, i got one more workshop day before I.E and my housing comes in for my brand new camrea.think i will just leave it at the shop and wait until after I.E. to start playing with it.

Again, I am pleased to see you went with Canon, Sea-life Just does not compare in My opinion with the Quality of Canon, I know there is a huge price range difference, But once it is done and over with , you are going to be so much happier that you made the right choice, I on the other hand did not at first, I went from a $15 dollar camera, to a $50 dollar camera to the $800 I spent on Sea-life, there was my huge waste of Money, Then I went into a Canon, The Pro-1, From there to the 400d, I can not tell you how much I wish I had just gone straight to a Canon, and not wasted all of that money on the cheap stuff in between, Now the same goes for all of the Nikon users as well, Canon is Just my choice, But I am a die hard Canon supporter, Though, I know Nikon is also a great choice, Just NO NOT Sea-life.

Now, Go and have the best of times in doing your I-E, and when you are done and have time to concentrate on Photography, Go enjoy and love that new Camera, I wish you the Best of both worlds!!

What housing did you go with and why? I've been trying to decide which camera to buy. I had a reef master that i absolutely hated. The buttons always stuck and even though it was rated to 130ft. it would freeze up at about 80ft.
the choice I based on the reviews and some of the pics i have seen. i choose the g11 though because a lot of its underwater pix are compared to the higher quality camreas.i went with the canon housing and got it in three days from scuba.com but i bought the housing kit which included an extra battery, moister munchers, lens cleaning kit and a tri-pod.took some practice shots with it above water and i must say im impressed.once i start producing some "great shots" I think i will invest in a wide angle lens.and a strob.

Does anyone know who makes the SeaLife DC 800 camera only? The camera only was stolen and I want a replacement. I have found replacement cameras online but without the the memory card, the battery, and the charger. By the time I buy those items too I could buy the sealife camera and housing. I was hoping to go right the the mfr and get a lower price on the camera.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom