sealife or canon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are multiple threads in the photography forum where you can get tuned up on the S90 housings situations, but be prepared to compromise....

Ikelite cases are rated to greater depths, but are heavier and bulkier typically. For the average user, the manufacturer case would probably be alright. My Panny case is rated to 130. What happens is the buttons jam at about 140. :)

Second the depth for the Ikelite, it will go down to 200ft whereas the Canon goes down to 130ft. The Ikelite will run a little more expensive however it does allow use of the ring function.

Adam

wouldnt you know it not long after i made up my mind sealife breaks out with the dc1200 and i got to say im liking the looks of it. the elite package is great strobe and wide angle lens included.

so i started all over again but this time i think i was a bit more unbiased and did some extensive research on sealife and well bottom line is im going to pass up the canon g11 and im getting to new sea life dc1200 Elite which comes with the external flash wide angle lens and the one year warrenty which covers the housing and camrea. all that for $799.00? im sold.

Glad you were able to decide and get a camera. Post some Oahu pictures for those of us that only get to visit occasionally.

Good diving and good shooting, Craig

from a very good friend that owns a sealife dc1000. he said dont do it!!! get the canon! he hates his and wants to sell it and get a canon.says the quality of the shots is like the difference of night and day. guess im back to the canon g11.

Yeah, I'm not happy with my Sealife lately, been doing funky stuff with my pictures. I'm just going to move to to HD video and I can clip stills as I need them.

Peace,
Greg

I think you'll be ahead of the game with the Canon. We see lots of Sealife cameras on the boat, can't say anything about the newer models, but it seems like a large number of customers with the older models are working with replaced units (great customer service, but should cameras have problems that require replacement in the first place?). I've seen some pretty nice photos with Sealife cameras, but the Canon you are looking at is widely considered to be the best, or among the best, point and shoot camera ever made.

With any camera there's a growth curve in photo quality.. I've only had one camera I liked and got good photos with day one (sheer luck on my part)... when I replaced it with a newer model there was a learning curve of about 5-6 dives before I started seeing comparable, then better later, resuts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom