SeaLife DC800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here, but you have 7 logged dives and are about to add to your task loading underwater by adding a camera?

Before I would add the danger of added task loading, I would hope some things are second nature. Things like; bouyancy, trim, how the regulator attaches to the tank (without having to think about it), second nature on how your gear is distributed on your body and how you can get to it without thinking...

I'm not saying you haven't reached the minimums that will make the added task loading under water safer. I'm simply reminding you that there are a lot of things done under the water that need to be automatic and without thought in order to be safe with additional task loading

I did note in my post there, that I will probably hand the camera to my much more experienced husband for the dives, I'll stick to photographing the snorkel trips for now. I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid. :eyebrow:

I want to take some half out/in water photos and was wondering if anyone had any tips. Can I also use Rain-X on the outside of the DC800 housing to help prevent water droplets from staying on the lens?

I wouldn't recommend using anything other than standard anti fog on the lens. The lens port has coatings on it that might be affected by the RainX. The coatings allow for the water to bead up fairly quickly and a small shake of the housing should remove most of thos beads, then slowly drop it back down to the 50/50 shot you want.

I posted this ? on another thread. I have digital zoom turned off and when I use the zoom function the clarity/sharpness of the pix is not very god. Is this normal or is it me and does anyone have any tips/settings etc.
Thnx

I posted this ? on another thread. I have digital zoom turned off and when I use the zoom function the clarity/sharpness of the pix is not very god. Is this normal or is it me and does anyone have any tips/settings etc.
Thnx

Check your other thread.

And NO! Don't use any rainx on anything you want to see clearly out of. Rainx leaves behind a thin film that can be seen as a haze. I find it barely tolerable on my boat windshield.

I plan on buying a DC800 in the next week. My LDS doesn't carry them but a shop across town does so I'm considering them, Sports Chalet, or the internet. any comments or input on which would be best overall?

I love the camera

I used my Sealife DC800 in Grand Cayman in Oct. It did take a while to get the strobe face pointing just right. Each day of diving there was gradual improvement. Is there a light diffuser that can/should be used with the strobe?

Strobe used
2977874817_1b1e8395a8_m.jpg

No strobe used. Just blue underwater setting
2979539722_e3a58fd897_m.jpg

No strobe either. This was at 30 feet on 'blue' underwater setting. Macro.
2979523908_53de85e200_m.jpg

With strobe

Last edited:
These were taking with the sea mode and no flash

Pictures look good. Must have been nice diving with the Manatees. I assume you had these on the wide angle setting?

Back
Top Bottom