Seahorse under - Oly 5050z not

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

montyb

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all:
Thought you might enjoy this pic with Oly 5050 even though I wasn't underwater this time. Taken at Birch Aquarium in La Jolla Ca. last weekend. It was almost as good as being underwater.
Has anyone out there seen one of these in the wild?
montyb

They have them here at the Honolulu aquarium too...very cool!

I haven't seen a leafy seadragon in the wild before, but there is a dive site in Melbourne where you are guarenteed of seeing the weedy seadragon. Last time I was there, I saw about 10 of them. I'll post some pics and a bit of video of them later.

Mel :)

Mel.B:
I haven't seen a leafy seadragon in the wild before, but there is a dive site in Melbourne where you are guarenteed of seeing the weedy seadragon. Last time I was there, I saw about 10 of them. I'll post some pics and a bit of video of them later.

Mel :)
Come to Sydney and you'll find plenty of dive sites with weedies. The second one is a male with eggs... :)

Wow, what nice pics. I guess that settles my idea of stopping in Oz for a while on my way to PNG next year. I'll be dropping PM's to you guys for suggestions with enough time.
cheers,
Maria

jlyle:
On my life list! They live in Southern Australia and we'll have to take our drysuits. One of these days...

:dazzler1: Checked out your Cozumel fix site, love the pictures. Been there several times and loved it each time. Haven't been there in 5 years or so, guess things are much more commerciallized (sp :06: ) but basically the same place. We dove with the Cha Cha Cha Dive shop across from the post office. Had a blast. They even showed us the place with the biggest and best margaritta's. Thanks for the pictures.

NevadaM :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom