Seadoo seascooter GTi water sensor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have a seascooter GTi with what I assume is a broken water sensor. I have disassembled the unit and have found a thin 20mm diameter brass disc with red and black wire to it - the red wire has broken off. Unfortunately it is impossible to resolder as the central disc area seems to be a ceramic of some sort, fractured now. The disc is on top of the gearbox. Is this the water sensor? Is the disc a piezo disc? Is the part available? Any help would be most welcome, there is no dealer service here in Saudi and it is uneconomical to send the whole seascooter for repair.
I have seen similar looking piezo discs (eBay UK -used for audio kit), are they the same? I have also tried using the link 'wizard' supplied for the repair manual, it goes to a pay download site that my antivirus flags up as suspect. The disc itself has no markings on it.

Back
Top Bottom