Need manual or schematic for a Yamaha RDS 300 scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stilldivin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have one of these scooters which are supposed to be better than the Sea-Doo scooters. The only difference i can see is the gears don't rust if they get wet. My scooter has two speeds. There is a speed control unit inside that was water damaged so i got another one. Same problem. When i pull the slow speed lever it goes fast. It's supposed to go slow then if you hold this lever and pull the other one, it should go fast. I did find a broken red wire inside the gear box and motor housing but was told this is only for water sensing. It seems that the pin out of the speed control is 12 volts in, with large leads to the motor. When the first reed switch is activated, it should go slow, hold it and activate the second, it should go fast. I read the full battery voltage when the slow lever is pulled and not change when both are pulled.
sp control.JPG
I've always been able to hear the difference between slow and fast and it acts the same in water anyway. Anyone have any ideas? I should be able to test it without the sensors. There's also a plug in water sensor not shown.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom