SEAC Synchro second stage diaphragm failure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Remember your freeflowing regulator drill in OW cert? (Required in PADI, optional in SSI. Don't know about other agencies.)

Press on the purge button. Even without a diaphragm, the lever will open the valve. Hold it down, tilt your head to the side and half over the mouthpiece. Breathe slowly from the COLD rush of air from the mouthpiece. You have maybe 90 sec to reach the surface before your tank is empty. But you'll survive. And your breathing will be drier than you think!

Remember your freeflowing regulator drill in OW cert? (Required in PADI, optional in SSI. Don't know about other agencies.)

Press on the purge button. Even without a diaphragm, the lever will open the valve. Hold it down, tilt your head to the side and half over the mouthpiece. Breathe slowly from the COLD rush of air from the mouthpiece. You have maybe 90 sec to reach the surface before your tank is empty. But you'll survive. And your breathing will be drier than you think!

Hah, nice of course! Wouldn't have thought of that (and didn't here either) but thanks to you I will if I ever find myself in that situation again.

+1!
Just returned from a week's vacation in Grand Cayman with a "valet diving service". Twenty folks from my LDS. Most were happy to have their gear set up and waiting. I always brought my regs and didn't leave them on the boat. It took a day or two, and the exchange was always cordial, but they learned that I took care of my own gear, even at tank change time.
Hey, one less set for them to worry about!

Don't hesitate to take charge of your stuff, even if it's rented, and even if the DM's say, "I'll take care of that for you!"
A polite, "No, thank you." is all it takes.

We were on a boat in Hawai'i and they rinsed our gear for us. It took us a while to make sure everything was there and then another ten minutes to locate the missing booties.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom