Sea Sports - Roswell ??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken

He Who Glows in the Dark Waters (ADVISOR)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey, Guys and Gals !!!

Anybody know anything about Sea Sports closing its doors???

Went by there today and the place was bare as a bone.

the K

Sad news but looks like we may be seeing more to come with the economic downturn. I spoke about a month ago to the local shop's owner down in my neck of the woods and he said business has been bad for the past 2 years and it was plain terrible this past year. He said if it were not for his other business intrest making some profit, he would've had to close the doors back in the summer.
When consumers are pulling the belt tight and making cuts, he said that leisure ticket items are usually cut first. You know, I'm cutting my spending and scuba / vacations first to be cut.

I'm guilty! I have a few hobbies and in the past didn't think about it too much. Now I have to pick and choose what I want to do this month and the others take a back seat.

Good Luck all you LDS's.

J:

None of us had any notice. They apparently packed up in the middle of the night and moved on. The scheduled christmas party Saturday night was lonely! Even their website is down.

I was just in there a few weeks ago,getting fills and a vis inspection.I hate to see them go,they were one of my favorite shops around here,always friendly and helpful and easy to get along with.:depressed:

Hey, I hope Divers Supply is going to weather this. During the summer, they were always slammed when I went in for fills, etc. But it ain't exactly the kind of temps these days that bring divers out unless they've got drysuits.

Hey all, just thought I would chime in here. Let me first say that I am truly sorry to see Sea Sports go, they were one of the few shops in the Atlanta market I felt worked well with everyone else, they were always helpful , and Lorrie and Frank are definitely good people. But, let me assure everyone we have no intention of going anywhere, in fact we want more than ever to serve Atlanta's diving needs and become your dive shop. We have planned several local classes and diving Sunday fundays for the season this year (check the calendars on our site for dates and descriptions) and with the market being so tight we have been offering better sales and specials than ever before. If there is anything I or any of my staff can do to make your relationship with us better, please let me know, and if you are not receiving our e-mails than get me a valid address so I can update your profile and get you back in the know. I hope you all have a great New Year and dive safe. Jack

Thanks, Jack. You guys are and will always be my Local Dive Store!
Hey guys, if you haven't done business with Divers Supply yet, you don't know what you're missing. The best folks and prices in the business, bar none.
BORG

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Love divers supply,just wished there was one up this way.

Atlanta Scuba has expanded into the old Sea Sports location in Roswell, GA. If you guys haven't had the opportunity to meet the Atlanta Scuba gang (from Marietta), just stop and and get to know them. They're great guys.

Mike Bailey will be the location manager and has been working every day in the shop since Dec. 26th.

Back
Top Bottom