Sea & sea YS-D1 from Japan on eBay???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uticafats

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
There are several sellers on eBay offering the Sea & Sea YS-D1 for around $520. Has anyone had any experience purchasing these? Should I be worried about buying one of these from outside of the US?

They are made in Japan (at least mine says that is where it is made).

As far as purchasing one from there, you would have to consider any issues related to warranty, as the purchase would be considered grey market since it was not purchased from a USA Authorized reseller.

I know of at least 3 people who have a total of 6 YS-D1's that were purchased through a site from Taiwan, and all six of the strobes work perfectly. There is nothing different about those strobes compared to any I have seen purchased from a US reseller.

It's a great strobe too. Good luck!

I was and am under the distinct impression that S&S will honor any warranty claim anywhere in the world. How do they know where you bought it? In any case, I have several of these from Divervision (when they were cheap) and they are fine.
Bill

Tusa in the US will not honor any strobes bought from out of the US. They have to go back through the dealer to be repaired. They have worked with us and customer and have replaced strobes not under warranty on occasion. Japan will not.

Jack

They can tell by the serial number where it was to be distributed and sold. Inon has the same issue if it is purchased in Japan you have to send the item there to be warrantied.

Hi

I ordered the first YS-D1 from them 7 month ago
and another one 2 month ago
both works great!!!

Good luck
Hezi

Jack:
that is surprising. I got a stobe in Bali that was one that needed the firmware updated. TUSA fixed it without having to go back to Japan. That being said, if I were a US dealer it would piss me off that folks were selling strobes at prices lower than some distributor pricing.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom