sea quest balance bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Balance and I love it. Packs up small, its lightweight, and fits well. It could use a dring on the right side bottom edge, but other than that no complaints!

Tank kept slipping out, seemed cheaply built.

The tank strap on the Balance is the same as every other AL/SQ tank strap; if you have problems with slipping are you sure it's not operator error? Any tank strap that has not been wet recently may slip if not wetted before use; getting wet makes straps longer. A strap that is wet regularly needs no wetting prior to use. Most OW student BC's I have used over the last 5 years are AL/SQ and even 10 year old girls can properly strap a tank in AL/SQ straps, AFAIHS. :idk:

I have only had it 2 yrs but I love it. Its easy to get horazontal trim and it packs up nice for travel.

Can someone compare Balance to Oceanic Excursion or ScubaPro Nighthawk? Both seem to have a rigid back plate, single tank strap, integrated weights and pack flat.

a lot of people mention that the SQ Balance packs small and light. I have a balance too. Can you share some pictures of how to pack the balance into a small package?

When I pack I do un-do the tank band.

I unbuckle the shoulder straps. fold the shoulder straps and inflator hose flat.
then i fold in the left hip pocket.
followed by the right hip pocket.
I pull the waist strap to the back of the bc, where the tank band is and i fasten the waist straps.
i make sure that the bladder is not folded but rolled.

is there any better way to pack this bcd?

thanks a million.
PAUL

I unfortunately have a physic that can only be described in one word... skinny. I have yet to find a regular bdc without a crouch strap that doesn't ride upon me.

The balance was perhaps one of the few that did fit reasonably well, however, with bcds like the zeagle express tech or transpac that are quite customizable and with replaceable bits etc, these would be my choice.

SangP

Back
Top Bottom