sea quest balance bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

farmerstephen13

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am thinking about getting a seaquest balance but havent heard any reviews good or bad any ideas? This is my first bcd and want to do it right; I tried a bp/w rig and didnt like it so I think that a back inflate bcd is the way for me to go. Any adivce would be great.

best bc i ever had, i am on 3 rd year with it, i have the air source on mine, i love it. if i lost it due to theft or damage, i am sure i would buy the same one again.

Mine is about 10 years old and going strong. Great travel BC since it packs small and light but still has a substantial pocket. Well built and back inflate, which for me is a must.

There are a few other good small no-nonsense BCs on the market now, too, such as the Oceanic Islander.

theskull

The Balance is one of the better BC on the market. I had it for about and year and transition to a BP/Wing. My only reservation was Airsoure2 that it came with - it breathes horrible.

Another good BC alternative would be Zegale.

I use a Balance for Open Water teaching & diving & for travel. The BC is light weight & packs down nicely. I had to go with the Balance because the Libra did not go to a size big enough for me & my drysuit, the Balance did. I have an Oceanic Hera that I now use exclusively for teaching in the pool. The Hera, while comfy & well padded is very heavy (as BC's go) & didn't pack down for travel very well. I like the cleaness of the balance & the absence of the cummerbund.

SeaQuest is a quality BCD, I own a Pro QD and never had a problem with it. Good luck on your purchase.

I'll give another plug for the Balance. Good quality, back inflate, no cumberbund, integrated weights, are all positives for me. This was my first BC and even though I now dive doubles with a BP/W I still use the Balance for travel. I would buy again.

I am several years into diving my Balance BC...my only dislike is not enough factory D-Rings. The newer models may have more than the 3 on mine? Other than that, FWIW, I don't believe you can go wrong with a Balance.

Hi Guys:

Do the weight pouches/waist strap contour your body or does it leave a gap between your stomach and waist buckle. Fits snug and conforms well but when the weight pouches are loaded, the hard plates of the weight pouches prevent the waist strap/weight holsters from fitting snug like my old Infinit & Concept BCDs (30 in waist / 127lbs), even with a full 7mm wetsuit.

Thanks,
Claude

Back
Top Bottom