Sea pump? Or other u/w drinking devices?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I noticed this product on ebay: Sea Pump - Underwater Drinking Device for Scuba Divers - (eBay item 150169271323 end time Oct-14-07 02:40:02 PDT)

6e17_1.JPG

The attachment method seems a bit crude and I'm not sure if it would work with a 7ft hose, but I like the basic idea of an underwater drinking device because my mouth becomes easily dry making it hard to swallow to equalize.

I know DSS has a nice system for manifolded doubles, but I'm interested in something that works with any rig.

So any feedback on the Sea Pump or similar devices?

There are lots of things like this:
31-U8QaMG0L._SS500_.jpg

Usualy called "Camel Back" that could be adapted to diving use.

There are lots of things like this:
31-U8QaMG0L._SS500_.jpg

Usualy called "Camel Back" that could be adapted to diving use.

Yeah, that looks like a generic version of Tobin's hydration pack.

The Sea Pump is slightly cooler if it works - well, perhaps not cooler, but different, the hydration packs are probably a more elegant solution for basic drinking needs underwater, but the Sea Pump has other advantages.

It apparently comes with a custom mouthpiece with a pump on it and the water bottle is attached to the reg hose with a tube running into the mouthpiece. Then you just press the pump and it squirts 6ml of liquid into your mouth. The main drawback is perhaps having to attach a bottle onto your primary hose - could get in the way... And I'm not sure about durability, depth rating, true functionality... And if you donate your primary then your buddy gets your sea pump...

Yeah, that looks like a generic version of Tobin's hydration pack.

The Sea Pump is slightly cooler if it works - well, perhaps not cooler, but different, the hydration packs are probably a more elegant solution for basic drinking needs underwater, but the Sea Pump has other advantages.

It apparently comes with a custom mouthpiece with a pump on it and the water bottle is attached to the reg hose with a tube running into the mouthpiece. Then you just press the pump and it squirts 6ml of liquid into your mouth. The main drawback is perhaps having to attach a bottle onto your primary hose - could get in the way... And I'm not sure about durability, depth rating, true functionality... And if you donate your primary then your buddy gets your sea pump...
I couldn't find it at first, forgot what it was called:
scuda.jpg

SCUDA

Try these guys:

Oceanco Ltd.
18610 Sea Turtle Lane
Boca Raton, Palm Beach, Florida 33498
Phone: 561-477-3515
Fax: 509-356-4588
Email: info@divesales.com
Dive Shop

Try these guys:

Oceanco Ltd.
18610 Sea Turtle Lane
Boca Raton, Palm Beach, Florida 33498
Phone: 561-477-3515
Fax: 509-356-4588
Email: info@divesales.com
Dive Shop

Dunno if I can I trust those guys? They are pimping the infamous Air Buddy and claim it'll make your air supply last 20% longer.

Does anyone have any direct experience with SCUDA?

given my druthers I'll go with the the standard hydration pack, or even capri sun juice bags. It is easier to swallow liquid without the mouthpiece in your mouth.

that's true, but for equalization purposes you pretty much have to swallow with the mouthpiece in mouth unless you want to be constantly taking it out and putting it back. I use the nose pinch method too, but prefer swallowing to equalize when possible or nose pinch followed by swallowing.

Back
Top Bottom