Sea pump? Or other u/w drinking devices?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another option is the 14 oz hydration bladder distributed by Deep Sea Supply (https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?product=55). I asked about these a couple of months ago and few people had tried them. One respondent said he didn't like the plastic taste of the water. I bought one ($22) and I like it. But, it is configured for use primarily with doubles. The biggest issue, as with camelback-type devices, is that you take your reg out of your mouth, suck in water from the tube, swallow, and put the reg back in. Not a problem, just one point of consideration when comparing the SCUDA to these type of devices. Personally, I find it easier than trying to swallow with a larger (second stage) mouthpiece in my mouth, as stevead mentioned, but that is just me.

For those of you who already feel like a walking dive shop, & don't want to attach another gadget to your BC or reg rig, try those little 8 or 10 oz bottles that runners use (slip into belt w/ little "holsters"). I fill one w/ water or gatorade & keep it in my pocket. Yes, you do have to switch out your 2nd stage w/ the little pop up top on the bottle to get a swig, but it really is a simple way to get a little refreshment toward the end of a long dive.

Back
Top Bottom