Sea Lice aggravate tinea versicolor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will do.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I've been a bit busy the last week or two so I am sorry I didn't say it earlier.

Mike

Went to the Doc and he said there is something better, Ketoconazole, you take it one pill a day for 10 days. Will let you all know if it works!

Thanks.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Ketoconazole (Nizoral) is used to treat fungal infections. Russell E. Lewis, Pharm.D., has this to say about it: "While ketoconazole was more widely used before the development of newer, less toxic, and more effective triazole compounds, fluconazole and itraconazole, its use has now been limited."

Ketoconazole can be hard on the liver, so the user will want to be watchful for nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, unusual fatigue, loss of appetite, yellow skin or eyes, itching, dark urine, or clay colored stools.

This is educational only and does not constitute or imply a doctor-patient relationship. It is not medical advice to you or any other individual and should not be construed as such.

Regards.

DocVikingo

Just to add that the fungus that causes tinea versicolor is often sensitive to selenium -- the regular use of a preparation like Selsun blue shampoo to wash with can relieve an outbreak and reduce the frequency of recurrences. As somebody who's been dealing with this since she was 18, I can definitely recommend that route -- nontoxic, cheap, and can be quite effective.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom