Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Year 1968 ..There was only 1 channel TV in my country black and white .. . Every saturday 18.30 pm we watched the J Y Cousteau serial as in all Europe same hour
There was no scenario ,they did not engage in role , everything was real.People were going diver because he loved.
When the movie begins one would not marching in the streets .. Cousteau still is our hero.He didnn't die.
Calypso re will be the world oceans as soon as..
Whereas Americans had taught marketing and showcase to world. But not marketed to Europe.
Divers would meet VOIT We would also like SEA HUNT . I'm sorry to watch late. I say to our vintage divers Instead of watching free from YouTube ,buy all serial.
What brought me to diving was Cousteau's The Silent World. I watched it at a movie theater, with a Hard Hat diver's dress out in front to attract attention. That was before it won the Academy Award!

I also watched the original Sea Hunt series on black and white TV at the Salem, Oregon YMCA just after my swim team practice. It was fun, but not as authentic as Cousteau's movies and TV series later. When I went through the U.S. Navy School for Underwater Swimmers in 1967, the instructors were really down on the series, and told us never to "...act like Mike Nelson," especially with our mask up on our foreheads. If that happened, it was worth about 50 pushups, or 100 flutter kicks on our back on the twin 90s Aqualung, with a mask full of water.

SeaRat

Now getting back to the Sea Hunt Forever celebration.....

A link to the full color brochure in PDF form that we will be handing out to all the visitors at Silver Springs during the event.
Please feel free to download and share a vopy with anyone you know who might he interested.

Dropbox - Flyer PDF.pdf

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1454641359070.jpg
    FB_IMG_1454641359070.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 103
I converted the flyer pages to jpgs for easy posting to Facebook...
SeaHuntForever02.jpg

SeaHuntForever03.jpg

Photo by Allan K

Attachments

• Sea Hunt Forever Promo photo.jpg
    Sea Hunt Forever Promo photo.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 100
Blue 50 Fathom is one of the prizes in the Sea Hunt Forever Raffle!

Attachments

• Voit Fifty Fathom 107.jpg
    Voit Fifty Fathom 107.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 119

Back
Top Bottom