Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sad. I was at the dive shop today and I asked a young man taking the OW class where he would like to go diving once certified. He said that he has grandparents in Florida and he would like to dive there. I mentioned that there was a famous TV show, "Sea Hunt", filmed in Florida. He had never heard of the show or Mike Nelson.

Don’t be sad, before he talk to you, he never heard of Sea Hunt, now he has. Everyone has to start somewhere. :)

Now he can watch many (if not most) of the episodes in YouTube.

Or you can buy the full collection for less than $45.

Amazon.com: Sea Hunt: The Complete Series Collector's Edition (Seasons 1, 2, 3 & 4) - 20 DVD Set: Lloyd Bridges, Jeff Bridges, Beau Bridges, Jack Nicholson, Ivan Tors, Leon Benson, John Florea, Herman Hoffman: Movies & TV

Sea Hunt: The Complete Series Collector's Edition (Seasons 1, 2, 3 & 4) - 20 DVD Set

This 20 disc collection contains all four complete seasons of the classic television show Sea Hunt comprised of 155 full-length episodes.

This action-packed underwater adventure series stars Lloyd Bridges as diving expert and former U.S. Navy frogman, Mike Nelson. Traveling on his boat, the Argonaut, Nelson outmaneuvers villains, undertakes daring rescues, and defends national security – all in a day's work! Originally airing from 1958 to 1961, this television classic features innovative underwater cinematography and fast-paced plots, full of action, mystery and adventure.

Some young, soon to be superstars who appeared in this classic CBS TV series were Jack Nicholson, Jeff Bridges and Beau Bridges.

This Complete Series Collector's Edition contains all 155 episodes of the Sea Hunt series, spanning four seasons.

SEASON ONE: 39 Episodes
SEASON TWO: 39 Episodes
SEASON THREE: 39 Episodes
SEASON FOUR: 38 Episodes

IMHO, at that price, every diver should have a collection.It is just part of dive history and it is now kind of funny.

BTW, For those who don’t remember or didn’t know. This is a black and white series. I would say it was a relatively low budget production and television shows at the time were less accurate that even the ones today. There are lots of editing errors and many of the topics are, let’s say not well researched or even corny.

But it is how many of us got introduced to Scuba diving (Lung diving at the time) and probably the biggest influence in turning diving into the sport we know today.

SEA HUNT , ıf marketed to Europe and other countries as J Y Cousteau series was known more in the world.
There are still many divers havenn't been watching Sea Hunt in Europe.
They did not even meet with VOIT .I have a few models in my collection and all episode DVD's. I'm enjoying watching.

Sea Hunt celebration Silver Springs Florida 2008

Attachments

• 176640159056038.jpg
    176640159056038.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,239
Year 1968 ..There was only 1 channel TV in my country black and white .. . Every saturday 18.30 pm we watched the J Y Cousteau serial as in all Europe same hour
There was no scenario ,they did not engage in role , everything was real.People were going diver because he loved.
When the movie begins one would not marching in the streets .. Cousteau still is our hero.He didnn't die.
Calypso re will be the world oceans as soon as..
Whereas Americans had taught marketing and showcase to world. But not marketed to Europe.
Divers would meet VOIT We would also like SEA HUNT . I'm sorry to watch late. I say to our vintage divers Instead of watching free from YouTube ,buy all serial.

Last edited:
Here's Something You Don't See Every Day...
Sea Hunt Jerry's Porta Sub Scooter will be Diving at Sea Hunt Forever!
PortaSub01.jpg

- Sea Hunt Jerry Lang with authentic Sea Hunt diving gear: Silver wetsuit, triple tanks, blue Voit mask, Voit Viking A6 fins, Voit 50 Fathom double hose regulator, Voit weights,... He's even got a Mike Nelson marker buoy!
- Sea Hunt Forever, Silver Springs Florida, March 19-20th. Watch the show from a glass bottom boat!

Voit A6 Sea Hunt Fins Clean-Up
- I found a seemingly New-In-Box pair of Voit Viking A6 Fins like Mike Nelson wore on Sea Hunt. They are hard to find with still usable rubber foot pockets, not to mention in my size Large 11-12. The seller said they still had the factory "Smuck" on them... Which I took to mean the original preservative.
Voita6.jpg

- The "Smuck" was more like a shellac that had yellowed. It was really hard to clean off. I tried Spic and Span, Dawn, Westley's Belche White tire cleaner, vinegar... Nothing made a dent in it. I thought of acetone or gasoline but those would dissolve the rubber, too.
- Then I tried a squirt of WD-40 and rubbed with a white cloth. The yellow smuck colored the rag but no blue or black from the rubber. So, good old WD-40 cleaned these fins all up and revealed the deep dark blue and black rubber that looks, stretches, and wears like new.
VoitA601.jpg

- These fins fit me perfectly and they're very comfortable.
- All set for Sea Hunt Forever, Mar 19-20 at Silver Springs Florida!

Sea Hunt Forever Raffle is up and running.....Win some great prizes....Voit Double Hose Regulator, JMJ Custom wetsuit, Sea Hunt memorabilia etc.
Raffle River

Sea Hunt Forever Raffle is up and running.....Win some great prizes....Voit Double Hose Regulator, JMJ Custom wetsuit, Sea Hunt memorabilia etc.
Raffle River
Original Script from an episode in 1960 is one of the raffle prizes. Click on the link above and scroll through the pictures to see all the other great prizes.

Attachments

• Raffle Sea Hunt Script.JPG
    Raffle Sea Hunt Script.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 165

Back
Top Bottom