Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Mark (and all the Sea Hunt crew) for having me back out to shoot. I thoroughly enjoyed it! I think it's so cool what you all do during these events. Keeping the Sea Hunt legend alive and getting new generations of kids, old and young alike, interested in scuba. You're continuing Lloyd's and the show's work from the 60s.
It was my pleasure to join you all and I hope to do it again. By the way, I believe some photos will appear in the next online edition of the NSS-CDS magazine, UWS.

Gene

Thanks Mark (and all the Sea Hunt crew) for having me back out to shoot. I thoroughly enjoyed it! I think it's so cool what you all do during these events. Keeping the Sea Hunt legend alive and getting new generations of kids, old and young alike, interested in scuba. You're continuing Lloyd's and the show's work from the 60s.
It was my pleasure to join you all and I hope to do it again. By the way, I believe some photos will appear in the next online edition of the NSS-CDS magazine, UWS.

Gene

Gene,

It was a pleasure having you out to photograph us. Always a treat and your photos are just fantastic. Please send me a link to the photos used by NSS-CDS.

Mark

Just messing around with a few GoPro still frames I took at the show.

ubsnZx.jpg

3 DIVERS / 7 TANKS

Good stuff.
What are the triples in the photo? The bottoms lead me to think they are newer tanks made to look old.
I have a working set btw. Any one know how many working sets are out there in the vintage community?

Good stuff.
What are the triples in the photo? The bottoms lead me to think they are newer tanks made to look old.
I have a working set btw. Any one know how many working sets are out there in the vintage community?

We had at least 5 sets of tripples at SHF. I know there are at least a dozen more in the hands of folks I know. Not sure about how old those tanks in the pic are. Can't tell by the butt shot who it is wearing the trips. Likely Rob, Karl or Dan as they all had trips at the show and wore black wetsuits some of the time. Maybe one will chime in here. M

I have 4 sets of US Divers 40 cubic foot (aka 44s) doubles dating from 1955

The oldest two are in the process of being restored to original condition and will be gifted to son Dr.Sam IV. The other 3 sets (6 tanks) will be placed up for sale. It is my desire that they go to some one associated with Sea Hunt Forever - so the tanks will live forever

3 sets have US Divers K valves, one set has a Sportsways double manifold,

All are mounted on a Sea Craft back pack (aka Backplate) which was the model for the VDH modernized version of the Sea Craft. The tanks units were originally created by Bob Retherford who owned the Newport Beach Aquatic Center and christened the units Orange county twin 44s after a famous 1950s TV personage Dagmar who boasted twin 44s (FYI In 1954 Bob was the father of the UW signaling system - see www.portagequarry.com Sea Sabres signaling system)

As Scuba Lawyer can verify they were used by me from late 1950s to present day.
All contain air but I cannot verify nor guarantee the interior condition.

All will shortly be placed up FOR SALE--A tad more than for a dollar ninety eight ($1.98)

Please advise Sea Hunt Forever participants - contact me for details

Sam Miller, 111

Still creating show images from my GoPro footage. Here's two bad guys with spearguns going after Mike Nelson. Glass bottom boat with viewing tourists above.

M

GP2ZXW.jpg

Found this shot I took of the CO2 speargun reloading station at SHF 2019. It was organized chaos trying to reload before the next glass-bottom boat appeared overhead. Mark

kyPtC6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom