Sea and Sea DX3100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard:
Thats some grreat help. Sorry for not searching but Moms here visiting and I don't have much keyboard time. %060 since the 5050 is out of production is my choice thanks to y'alls help....Now where should i order it from?

Before you do that, check this out....C-5050/PT15 for sale

Thats great but I can't wait a month, I need it NOW! :) Thanks....web sources?

Wildcard:
Thats great but I can't wait a month, I need it NOW! :) Thanks....web sources?

Wait a month? I'm confused.

buydig.com has C-5050's listed for $429. That's where I bought Beasts with very good results.

The only place I know of that still has the PT-15 housings in stock is Yuzo at UWDigital for 18,000yen = $170us. He prefers payment through PayPal. He's a stand up guy and I'd gladly order from him again.

Only 26 days, 5 hrs, and 43 mins until the reservation deadline....

Thats what is on the link you gave me...I took that as having to wait that long to get a bid?????

Oh....that's the countdown until the 2nd annual photo trip planned for those on the DD board. It doesn't have anything to do with the ad, which is located below that on the same screen. And there no bidding. That is an offer to sell from one of the members.

I was confused....Taking a helo flight over the lava flow this am, I'll check it out later today! Thanks again guys.

Based on y'alls input I have cancled the 3100 order and just ordered a 5060 and case, for about $35 more. What other toys will I need to go with it?
Thanks again y'all, youve been great!

I had the opportunity to try this camera on a "demo day" a few weeks ago. I too was considering making this purchase. This demo made me realize that I won't be buying this camera. For one, the batteries only lasted two dives. The battery icon showed 100% on the beginning of my second dive, but by the time I took only a few pictures, the icon was showing nearly no charge left. When the batteries started dying, the camera took an extradorinarily long time to process the shot. The screen shut down and I had to hit the power button each time to turn it back on. The pictures that were taken were so fuzzy that they were worthless. When I took the picture, the screen showed a clear shot, but when I downloaded them, they were too fuzzy to see what I took a picture of.

Next time I will try the DX3000G or the Motor Marine III.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom