Sea and Sea DX3100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well hell! I can always send it back...Just wanted dig and decent U/W functions. Do these housings have big fat buttons for my pointy little fingers? I may head to Costco then. All Im out is shipping.

Wildcard:
Well hell! I can always send it back...Just wanted dig and decent U/W functions. Do these housings have big fat buttons for my pointy little fingers? I may head to Costco then. All Im out is shipping.

Canon housings have easy to use buttons, I think. Oly PT015 buttons are about the same, but some you have to push and then twist a dial. With thick gloves I think any housings buttons will be challenging...I use summer weight gloves on every dive with no problems...course, my hands are small and yours may not be (wish I had just slightly larger hands for the Oly actually!)

Wow, I just saw the question about $600, looks like it's been answered. I dive in New England with 5mm gloves and have no problems with the buttons on a tiny Sony.

Wildcard make sure you know which camera to get, not all have UW housings. Go to www.digideep.com to see which cameras have housings available.

Crap! My camera was back ordered. Oreder cancled! SO back to scratch. I like Sony but I know nothing about what works well underwater and less about housings. Pick something for me! DIg, short vid capability would be nice, high res, quality east to use case, under a grand......Give me your picks please!

Wildcard:
Crap! My camera was back ordered. Oreder cancled! SO back to scratch. I like Sony but I know nothing about what works well underwater and less about housings. Pick something for me! DIg, short vid capability would be nice, high res, quality east to use case, under a grand......Give me your picks please!
I love my Oly 5050. Saw the Sea&Sea models and thought they were great until I followed up on the advise of the people on this board - they were right, the 5050 is a fantastic camera for a beginner and will grow with me for a long time. With the support from friends here at SB, I know that I'll get the best instruction and support that money can't buy.

I bought mine in March and I can't get enough play time with it. I got the camera, housing, protective lens for land use, and a 128 CF card for around $750.00. Best money I've ever spent. Prices of Sea&Sea and the Oly were lots higher at LDS so I shopped on line. Good luck and happy shooting!

The Olympus 5050 is probably your best bet. The Sonys are nice (I own one), but they do shift the colors underwater (I'm used to fixing that in Photoshop). The other good choice are the Canons, I just checked out the Canon Powershot S60. It's 5 megapixels and 4X optical zoom.

Love my new 5060 with PT020 housing. Paid about $670.

OK, now 5050 vs 5060 Newer model? Diffs? I need to order soon! Thanks so much for all y'alls help.

Thats some grreat help. Sorry for not searching but Moms here visiting and I don't have much keyboard time. %060 since the 5050 is out of production is my choice thanks to y'alls help....Now where should i order it from?

Back
Top Bottom