SD card reader to transfer pics to iPhone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going on several multiple day dive trips this year. I really don't want to drag my MacBook with me. I have two inexpensive uw cameras (Intova and a GoPro knockoff) without bluetooth capability.

Is there an SD card reader with a Lightning connection that I could use to transfer pics to my iPhone 8 Plus (phone has large memory)?

I figured if such a thing exists, you folks would know about it. Thanks!

How well do they work?

How well do they work?
Fine. Keep them clean....crud on the contacts is not good.
Get a newer one and not the cheapest, because the older ones used slower transfer protocols.

Fine. Keep them clean....crud on the contacts is not good.
Get a newer one and not the cheapest, because the older ones used slower transfer protocols.

I'll just get the Apple one. I've had so-so luck with the generic electronic crap. Thanks!

already posted..

Is there an SD card reader with a Lightning connection

Yes, dozens of them. Apple even makes one:

Glad you started the thread. I got the adapter @tursiops posted a link to for my iPad Pro and thought that was all I could use it for. That was 2 ½ years ago. I have an iPhone 6 and tried it out before posting this - it works great! Think it's a good call to get the Apple brand.

Glad you started the thread. I got the adapter @tursiops posted a link to for my iPad Pro and thought that was all I could use it for. That was 2 ½ years ago. I have an iPhone 6 and tried it out before posting this - it works great! Think it's a good call to get the Apple brand.

Good to know!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom