Buying Xmas Present for my Husband and I Have a Few Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kathy not sure if it uses SD or Micro Sd card but either way I would consider this if Micro SD

SanDisk 64GB microSDXC Extreme 100MB/s A1 4K U3 V30 SD microSD memory card ….about $25. on ebay.

I use this in video applications in 4K mode it will hold a little over 60 minutes of video .has a very fast "write" speed .

Looks like an innovative product never saw one before.

I've ordered this micro SDcard on ebay, thank you!

Here is a video showing everything that comes with the Tovatec Mera dive light and camera:

I've ordered this micro SDcard on ebay, thank you!
When you get the card, test it. eBay is notable for selling cheap copies of cards, and cheap copies of camera batteries, too.

Here is a video showing everything that comes with the Tovatec Mera dive light and camera:

The battery is a standard 26650; easy to buy a spare, and a good idea to do so. They take forever to charge! Don't buy the cheapest one you can find; name brands are good, anything with "fire" in the name is suspicious. A reaaly good wone from a big name will run upwards of $20. A really cheap one will be $5. Spend $10-15 to increase your chances of a good one, which will last a long time.

I can only assist with the iPad...

The lanyard is probably a wrist lanyard, not a BCD lanyard, unless one adds a clip of some sort...

Kathy not sure if it uses SD or Micro Sd card but either way I would consider this if Micro SD....

Kathy here is a description from BH Photo it gives the specs.....I use BH for a lot of things...

When you get the card, test it. eBay is notable for selling cheap copies of cards, and cheap copies of camera batteries, too...

Below is a photo of the materials that I have assembled so far for my husband's Christmas present. The carrying case, battery charger, cable, rechargeable battery, wrist lanyard, extra O-ring, and instruction manual all came with the Tovatec Mera dive light/camera unit.

In addition (with the help all you fine folks!), I've purchased a 64 GB micro SD card, a second rechargeable battery, a micro card reader that will work with his iPhone, iPad, or PC, and a 3-year protection plan.

I haven't bought a hefty (retractable?) lanyard to attach the unit to his BC yet. You can see the size of the light/camera below and it is about 8 inches long. With the battery it weighs about 1 lb. 5 oz. (588 Grams or about 0.6 KG) Can anyone suggest a good lanyard for an item of this size and weight?

Are there any other accessories that I should consider? There are no filters available for this unit at this time. Thanks again for your help!

Tovatec_002_Dec07_2018.jpg

I haven't bought a hefty (retractable?) lanyard to attach the unit to his BC yet. You can see the size of the light/camera below and it is about 8 inches long. With the battery it weighs about 1 lb. 5 oz. (588 Grams or about 0.6 KG) Can anyone suggest a good lanyard for an item of this size and weight?
I have use this connector (or similar) for years for various camera outfits. Unclip the center connection, and my camera is still attached to me if I were to drop it, but I have full range of motion. If I want to be hands free and let a camera dangle, then reconnect the QD in the middle and it will be dangling from my BCD by a few inches, rather than a few feet.
Crystal Snappy Coils – Innovative Scuba Concepts

Not sure if that carry case is hard sided if not consider something like this for added protection.

SAFE n SECURE Hard Travel Carrying Case with Dense Foam for Document Cameras, Ca 711099892574 | eBay

I carry all my camera gear in a hard case this one has pick and pluck foam so you can custom fit your items

There are many different types and sizes available.,

I have use this connector (or similar) for years for various camera outfits. Unclip the center connection, and my camera is still attached to me if I were to drop it, but I have full range of motion. If I want to be hands free and let a camera dangle, then reconnect the QD in the middle and it will be dangling from my BCD by a few inches, rather than a few feet.
Crystal Snappy Coils – Innovative Scuba Concepts

Thank you both!

I would just put a bolt snap on the existing lanyard.

+1 for the "snappy coil"; didn't realize that's what it was called; have used one with multiple small camera rigs for several years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom