ScubaToys Party up at CSSP on May 6th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmmm I happened to be cruising the Clear Springs website tonight and the Scubatoys party says TBA where it used to say June 3. The link still says June 3rd but I don't know, seems weird.....why would CSSP change the the date to a TBA?

Debraw:
Hmmmm I happened to be cruising the Clear Springs website tonight and the Scubatoys party says TBA where it used to say June 3. The link still says June 3rd but I don't know, seems weird.....why would CSSP change the the date to a TBA?

Hey Debraw... Well, it turns out, we are going to change up our plans a bit. The original goal was to get a bunch of people out to see the new pavilion we're getting set up. We're trying to make a great place for people to just hang out and dive. We have the big covered pavillon, we bough a cargo container and have it out there with a barbecue grill, extra gear for students or divers that have a problem with some gear, we're getting the electricity hooked up, so we'll have some music out there, ceiling fans, running water for clean up and misters when it's hot.

We're putting in a new dock and platform... all kinds of cool stuff. And the idea was to have a big party to kick this thing off and let everyone see our new place... Was supposed to be this coming weekend, but since the construction and road grading out there is pretty new, we haven't had a chance for grass to grow yet, and with the wet weather we've been having, it would turn into a mud hole. In fact the wet has stopped Robert out there from finishing part of the road and dock.

So we rescheduled for June 3. Problem is it turns out the North Texas Scuba Retails association has decided to have a dive day, the same day we rescheduled our event for. We thought - this is perfect! We'll bring a bunch of people out who will want the give aways, etc.. and they will bring some folks out - we'll all get to hang together and have a great time - get some prizes - do some diving!

Well, instead, they held an emergency meeting and decided that they really didn't want us out doing our party while they were having their dive going on. They said it would be a conflict. (Ask Debraw for more info on NTSRA if you want to know more about them...)

Well, our problem is we have over $15,000 worth of scuba gear to give away... We have the best Jimmy Buffett tribute band around already booked, we've got tables, chairs, margarita machines, etc all rented for that day. We have reps that cleared their schedules to come in and help teach about their gear...

We can't just change the date again, so it will go on June 3rd... But just like the InTenCity Tour party we had a few years back, we are going to put up a huge tent in our parking lot, and throw our party at our shop. That way no matter what happens with the weather - the show will go on!

At the last event, we had $3,000 in give aways, and got 900 people to show up. This time we have $15,000 in give aways... does that mean we'll get 4500 people?:11:

So if you're out a CSSP that day, we will have someone at the pavilion if you want to see it - but for the party, we don't want to be a conflict for anyone, so we'll just hold it at our place. Besides, I know there were some people that wanted to get into the drawings for all the prizes, but didn't want to pay to get into a park if they weren't going to dive... so maybe this will just work out best for everyone.

Hope to see you at our place on June 3rd!

Larry

scubatoys:
Well, instead, [the NTSRA] held an emergency meeting and decided that they really didn't want us out doing our party while they were having their dive going on. They said it would be a conflict.
Well, go figure. It's probably a good idea to keep me from finding out about the shops in the area to patronize when I'm nearby. I might even save some money now. :D
scubatoys:
We can't just change the date again, so it will go on June 3rd... But just like the InTenCity Tour party we had a few years back, we are going to put up a huge tent in our parking lot, and throw our party at our shop. That way no matter what happens with the weather - the show will go on!
I don't want to sound like I'm just in it to try to win things, but since potentially winning things is always a nice draw (within a few points of "free food" on my scale), could I be so crass as to ask if you must be present to win? (It's a long drive home to Baton Rouge, after all.) Of course, knowing me, I'd probably be the third-to-last person there, but if I get a few others to head over to dive Saturday and chill out Sunday, they'll probably want to know. :wink:

(Of course, if the answer's "yep", I can just ditch the rest of those ungrateful party poopers. :D)

Well there you go, it's June 3 at the Scubatoys shop. Not CSSP. I am sure it will be a great party. I am committed to the Dive Rite Demo days at CSSP. Bummer, I wanted to spin the wheel! I am sure you will get plenty of people looking for some free stuff and great deals. Kinda sounds like it will be the TaJ Mahal of pavilions over on that side of the lake. Perty Nice stuff......

Come to think of it I missed the In Ten City tour also because it was on the same weekend as the Trash Fest in Tyler, and I was already committed to that. :11doh:

scubatoys:
Well, instead, they held an emergency meeting and decided that they really didn't want us out doing our party while they were having their dive going on. They said it would be a conflict. (Ask Debraw for more info on NTSRA if you want to know more about them...)

Sounds like a group of traditional LDS that are skeered of you. :wink:

You know maybe that's the case Reefhound?! Even it is, so what? Who wants anyone to steal their thunder? If you put money, time and effort into something and then someone came in and planned something over the top of it would you be happy? The shops in the NTSRA are not out to "get" anyone. They are upstanding members of the dive community who promote the sport through their own funds, educate divers, and work very hard to come together and promote the sport without competing with each other in the process. It's a very fine line to walk.

Debraw:
Come to think of it I missed the In Ten City tour also because it was on the same weekend as the Trash Fest in Tyler, and I was already committed to that. :11doh:

Well, looky what I found....a picture from the In Ten City tour. See if you can guess the four handsome gentlemen in the photo.

Attachments

• Digitalshots001.jpg
    Digitalshots001.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 58
ScubaTexan:
Well, looky what I found....a picture from the In Ten City tour. See if you can guess the four handsome gentlemen in the photo.

Oh, oh, oh... I know the one with the big nose and the long hair!! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom