Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I will not join it in the near future

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Homunculus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i'm just curious - how many of you are using Scubatoys forum now? I see familiar faces now and then. I'm wondering how it's going to affect this board or if it will affect it at all. $50 per 250 posts is a very good bait to attract people. the format is very similar, so the switch is very easy. Any thoughts?

p.s. i believe the poll is anonymous

I don't think that the "bait" was the gift cards they offered. most folks didn't even know about that until after they got over there and signed up.

I think that a lot of us joined when this board died repeatedly over several days.
I think you'll see that www.divematrix.com had an increase in membership those days also.

Either that of they joined for other reasons. :D

Just our of curiosity,
What is the purpuse of ScubaToys' forum. I think they are successful enough on SB...

Is there any particualar interest by having their own forum? It seems to be a lot of headache though...

Any experts in IT or any relevant industry?

Mikhail Frenkel:
i'm just curious - how many of you are using Scubatoys forum now? I see familiar faces now and then. I'm wondering how it's going to affect this board or if it will affect it at all. $50 per 250 posts is a very good bait to attract people. the format is very similar, so the switch is very easy. Any thoughts?

p.s. i believe the poll is anonymous

It isn't going to mess with this board at all. It would take quite a while for that. Right now there are a mess of newbs - not too much for the experienced divers. Now that said, if this board was to make a habit of being unstable then people will eventually get fed up enough to leave for good. A user can only be loyal for so long.

Hoosier:
Just our of curiosity,
What is the purpuse of ScubaToys' forum. I think they are successful enough on SB...

Is there any particualar interest by having their own forum? It seems to be a lot of headache though...

Any experts in IT or any relevant industry?

Well if you are an advertiser on SB you certainly aren't going to be doing the jig when the board is down. Having your own forum - goes a long way in advertising. Even if people only use it as a back-up - it keeps the ST name in their head. That my lil opinion. :D

Missdirected:
Right now there are a mess of newbs - not too much for the experienced divers.

i agree with that. it would be interesting to see if ST will evolve eventually. on the other hand, hasn't any board started with lots of newbies? you were there once :wink:

Probably right, Tracy. I'm curious about how the ST forum would react to someone criticiszing gear they sell. What if I think Aeris regs suck (and I do) and said as much on a forum whose owners sell same?

I don't think that ST evern intended to compete with Scubaboard.

I think they were just trying to make a place for their customers (or future customers) to ask questions about gear, etc. It just promotes their business. Nothing wrong with that.

Mikhail Frenkel:
i agree with that. it would be interesting to see if ST will evolve eventually. on the other hand, hasn't any board started with lots of newbies? you were there once :wink:

Ah, that is why I said it would take a while. Those divers if let to their own devices will grow and expand. By default, if they are still with that board loyally, it to will grow. Careful now, I wasn't newb bashing :14:

Back
Top Bottom