ScubaTech boat trip report and pics 5/31/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will try to add a few things to Yoda's report. The seas were nice and calm, and the temperature was actually very pleasant in the shade. Scuba Tech runs a nice boat and Nancy worked hard to put us on some good sights. My dive buddy for both dives was Puffer Fish. Our dive profiles are generally similar, so it is always fun diving with him. My only complaint with Puffer Fish as a dive buddy is that he didn't hit me over the head to make sure I didn't miss the Nudi Branch....WHICH I DID!:idk: I know, it was my fault I missed it. Seems everyone but me saw one. I will post a few surface shots since my underwater shots are pale compared to Puffer Fish and Yoda.

We were dodging some storms on the way out for the first dive:
cloudyskies.jpg

nancyflag.jpg

I know that everyone got a picture of this angel...he stopped and posed so we could all get a picture.
angelfish-1.jpg

anenome-1.jpg

damsel-5.jpg

The reason I didn't get many pictures is because I had my camera laid out in between dives. I thought it was covered with a towel, but somehow the towel came off. The picture below shows what happens when a camera sets out in the sun, and then you get it in 67 degree water at depth. On the second dive all my pictures were all blurry around the edges.

smokedlens.jpg

I had to get a picture of Puffer Fish and SeaYoda solving the worlds problems
jimandbill.jpg

Here was the Destin Pass on the trip back to the dock...it was a good day of diving with some great dive buddies.
destinpass-1.jpg

How close were you - or did you just crop the snot out of that shot :rofl3:

My lens doesn't do close as well as my old C-5050 did. I miss the macro and supermacro capability that thing had. I can get fairly close and crop with this lens but I still have more water between me and subject than I like in stirred up conditions. I was trying to get some medium view, wide angle shots of the reef and critters. That doesn't do well at all with the autofocus on this lens. Did you get any wide shots of the reef that were very clear?

That is cropped about 10%, more for centering than anything else... was about 12 inches away...macro on the S90 is fairly good... but the G11 is better.

Glen, always a pleasure to dive with you.

Sorry about the Nudibranch...did not know you had not seen one...

I believe Yoda and I were dealing with the middle east issues at that point, but it could have been solving the worlds energy needs...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom