ScubaTech boat trip report and pics 5/31/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might notice that the water I was in was crystal clear... one just had to get really, really far from Yoda...

Purplecromis1002.JPG

Normally, if you look, feather worms have a head.. eyes... and live in a tube.. this guy does not seem to have the head or eyes...

featherworm1000.JPG

I don't have a clue what this is, except it is alive and can actually move quite a bit.. the right side is closed up because I touched it... the left open...

sponge10001.JPG

Yoda's dive..... 87 ft for 36 minutes...water was 67 degrees. He was just at the yellow when he surfaced and accended too fast.

You might notice that the water I was in was crystal clear... one just had to get really, really far from Yoda...

Nothing that a macro lens and flashlight couldn't fix :)
Where are your wide angle shots Mr. Cleanwater ??? :D

Yoda's dive..... 87 ft for 36 minutes...water was 67 degrees. He was just at the yellow when he surfaced and accended too fast.

That thing beeped at me while I was holding the anchor line on the safety stop - I noticed the couple foot changes in depth as the rope bobbed up and down. I thought it was funny that I was trying to be stationary but got in trouble anyway. I was watching the ascent indicator on the way up and it stayed good until the wild ride at the end.

What is that ATR bar at the bottom?

That thing beeped at me while I was holding the anchor line on the safety stop - I noticed the couple foot changes in depth as the rope bobbed up and down. I thought it was funny that I was trying to be stationary but got in trouble anyway. I was watching the ascent indicator on the way up and it stayed good until the wild ride at the end.

What is that ATR bar at the bottom?

You can get the ascent indicator to go off just by looking at it..

The ATR... hummm.. well one has O2, Nitrogen, ascent and ATR ATR must be air time remaining...

Are you saying that the purple chromis is not wide angle? I was using my special 85mm equv. wide angle on that shot...

Are you saying that the purple chromis is not wide angle? I was using my special 85mm equv. wide angle on that shot...

How close were you - or did you just crop the snot out of that shot :rofl3:

My lens doesn't do close as well as my old C-5050 did. I miss the macro and supermacro capability that thing had. I can get fairly close and crop with this lens but I still have more water between me and subject than I like in stirred up conditions. I was trying to get some medium view, wide angle shots of the reef and critters. That doesn't do well at all with the autofocus on this lens. Did you get any wide shots of the reef that were very clear?

Back
Top Bottom