ScubaPro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IORJoe

New
Reaction score
A ScubaPro warranty is now worthless. Having purchase a reg from an authorized dealer and had it serviced within allowed time annually ScubaPro will now not pay for the parts as they have the previous 10 years. Planning to sell my ScubaPro equipment. What ever happened to customer Service?

Some more details might help in understanding the specifics of this situation. While SP has tightened some of their requirements the annual service parts agreement is still in place.

A ScubaPro warranty is now worthless. Having purchase a reg from an authorized dealer and had it serviced within allowed time annually ScubaPro will now not pay for the parts as they have the previous 10 years. Planning to sell my ScubaPro equipment. What ever happened to customer Service?

This is a very poular misconception. If an annual service is missed, only the next service interval will parts be charged. The following year it's free parts once again and so forth...

Thanks Valhalla. This is one of the options I'm referring to. Many times I have seen a 'lapsed' warranty reinstated. Need some more info on this situation to help though.

Thats what my dive shop said too, if I miss the service, I pay the parts and the warranty will be reinstated and after that, have to remember to bring the sets when it is time for servicing.

When you get your next annual service don't be surprised if you have difficulty. A ScubaPro warranty is worthless.

But the OP says his warranty hasn't lapsed, & it was purchased from an autherised dealer. As he's had the free parts for the last 10 years, I'm going to assume he bought the regs in the same country where he's having them serviced.

So, with what the OP actually said in mind, why are they refusing the free parts.

When you get your next annual service don't be surprised if you have difficulty. A ScubaPro warranty is worthless.

Just got mine done. No problems. How about a few more details about what happened?

After nearly 40 years of owning ScubaPro stuff, including several regulators, I think I'm qualified to say that it's time for you to change your bong water. Certainly they've taken good care of me over the years and I've saved a bunch of money getting free parts.

We'd listen - and maybe even help - but you aren't giving us that chance. Because you won't provide more information, the teeming masses are left with a reasonable question: is a ScubaPro warranty worthless or are you an otiose eructate. I suspect I know the answer.

As Dave Barry is fond of saying, what a great name for a band:
IORJoe and the Otiose Eructate. :lotsalove:

Guys, before wasting too much time on this, note this is his first post and it is trashing a product with little information to back up his statement. A product that is well know for their customer service and support to boot, there is a lot more to this story than we are hearing....abuse of the reg maybe.....:idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom