Scubapro weight system with standard webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cammy3761

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi I am getting a apeks backplate and wing but I hate the Apeks integrated weight system, seen so many people drop weights so I just love the Scubapro ones. I’ve seen they do a system for their s tek harnesses but I was wondering would this fit traditional 2 inch webbing ?

Any answers would be appreciated thanks 👍🏻

Attachments

• 66A8185A-F196-4260-8010-FC6BE5BDEE43.jpeg
    66A8185A-F196-4260-8010-FC6BE5BDEE43.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 63
I have the Scubapro soft weight pouches and like the way they function. I just measured to be sure and the webbing is two inch but I'm not familiar enough to say it's standard. It is the webbing that came with the Scubapro BC. One thing I do not like is they are just too bulky and am actively searching for a similar system that is more compact. Typically I don't use a lot of weight diving around here and just put the pouches back on for a blue water trip.

1654472631149.png

Love these, they are unobtrusive, secure, but easy release if 20 pounds is enough for your diving.

View attachment 726762

Love these, they are unobtrusive, secure, but easy release if 20 pounds is enough for your diving.
This looks pretty good. I just started another thread looking for something like this. Anyone know of the 20 lbs is each or combined?
Apparently this is some sort of international classified state secrete, I've looked all over the Zeagle website and nothing. Anyone know if it comes with mounting screws?

Hi I am getting a apeks backplate and wing but I hate the Apeks integrated weight system, seen so many people drop weights so I just love the Scubapro ones. I’ve seen they do a system for their s tek harnesses but I was wondering would this fit traditional 2 inch webbing ?

Any answers would be appreciated thanks 👍🏻
The 2022 S-Tek systems use 2-inch webbing. The S-Tek Pro Fluid Form Monprene weight holsters should be able to mount to any system with 2 inch webbing.

I used the hydros pro and the pockets are quite nice. They should fit on a 2inches harness.

But I concur with Thunder Struck, I have the XDEEP weight pockets in M on my Apeks BPW setup and I can recommend them. You can fit up to 4kg in each pocket easily.

The only thing is, compared to the SP pockets, that there is nothing hard inside the pocket to help slide the pouches containing the weights inside the actual pockets. So it does require a bit more wiggling to get them in.

This looks pretty good. I just started another thread looking for something like this. Anyone know of the 20 lbs is each or combined?
Apparently this is some sort of international classified state secrete, I've looked all over the Zeagle website and nothing. Anyone know if it comes with mounting screws?
10 pounds each side, I cant remember for sure if the screws come with them but I am thinking they do. They just use the plastic male/female sets.

I've got the ScubaPro pockets on my BPW. The XDeep look really similar. I love them: They are secure for sure. Right now I dive with 5 pounds each side. Most of my weight is bolted to my BP. In the past, I've put 10 pounds each side. (I'm diving salt water in a dry suit, so need more lead than the freshwater or tropical diver.)

10 pounds each side, I cant remember for sure if the screws come with them but I am thinking they do. They just use the plastic male/female sets.

They do come with them. I used those exclusively on my Zeagle Tech Express. Great system.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom