ScubaPro Twin Jets REALLY Worth the Money????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ive used both the twins and apollo xts. both are great. except because the apollos soft rubber.. it can get scratched up with cuts pretty badly due to bad finning... hitting the bottom of pools (the tile edges are sharp!) or shore diving.

i like splits. :wink:

One thing I like about the Twin Jets is the availability of BRIGHT YELLOW!!! Talk about easy to spot when following someone wearing them (I learned this following Al - he is very easy to see with those yellow fins on) ... I still won't get a pair, but that is a real benefit especially if you dive in murky water imho. Now if they would just make Traditional Jets in that same bright yellow color .... the perfect fin :wink:

Aloha, Tim

Don't waste your money, buy paddle fins and put the extra/wasted money towards other gear purchases, splits are a gimmick, don't get had.

I see this thread is well on its way to getting out of hand. :D I will say again that you will never know if they are worth it until you put them on and judge for yourself. That's the reality. Boxers or briefs? The wide range of opinions offered thus far proves my point. It would have been easier if you would have asked if you should vote Democrat or Republican, lol.:wink:

To each his own, I guess. Would you catch me spending $160 on any pair of fins...Hell no!

kidspot:
One thing I like about the Twin Jets is the availability of BRIGHT YELLOW!!! Talk about easy to spot when following someone wearing them (I learned this following Al - he is very easy to see with those yellow fins on) ... I still won't get a pair, but that is a real benefit especially if you dive in murky water imho. Now if they would just make Traditional Jets in that same bright yellow color .... the perfect fin :wink:

Aloha, Tim
I like those too, but I recently met a diver who found a very creative way to make his dark blue twin jets a lot more visible... he painted the lines with dayglo paint.

(sorry, no stills) See: http://kalani.net/scuba/2006-03-12 Channel Islands/slides/MVI_0751.AVI (60 mb, but the first couple seconds might show you my point)

7millimeter:
Not according to http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/refpages/searchdetail.aspx?q=rape&pg=1&grp=dict

Here's their definition of metaphor, for your information http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861629530/metaphor.html

I'll gladly take this discussion over to the Whine & Cheese forum if you care to debate it further.

And if you click on the first definition of rape you will find "abusive treatment." Not to mention that the first definition is not an English sentence. I guess Microsoft will fix that in Encarta 8.0

Ok, So for an on-topic post,

What about the Aeris Velocity Duo split fins?

My diving is all reef diving. I have a pair of Mares Volos right now that I don't really like. Partly because they are too big. I've seen good reviews of the Duo's and I can get them for $80 instead of $130-$150 for the Atomics and ScubaPros.

Anyone have a thought on this?

the crime of using force somebody to have sexual intercourse with somebody

Joe

This house is surrounded. I'm afraid I must not ask anyone to leave the room. No, I must ask nobody ... no, I must ask everybody to... I must not ask anyone to leave the room. No one must be asked by me to leave the room. No, no one must ask the room to leave. I ... I ... ask the room shall by someone be left. Not. Ask nobody the room somebody leave shall I. Shall I leave the room? Everyone must leave the room... as it is... with them in it. Phew. Understand?

Back
Top Bottom