ScubaPro TEK BC with Leaking LP infl Elbow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caveeagle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Like the title says, I have a ScubaPro TEK BC with a small leak in the inflator "elbow" fitting. I guess its not really an 'elbow', its a swivel with a little button on top that vents when you push it back. I don't see any obvious "pull" dump on this, but maybe that was disabled by the previous owner. I took it apart cleaned it up and its still leaking. Its not that bad, and would probably be 'divable' but I want it to be correct before he goes in for training.

Otherwise, this BC is in really great shape and was planning to give it to my 17yr old son who is signed up for his OW class in January.

I would like to replace / rebuild, or just convert this back to a standard simple elbow. Its not the 12-point fitting like on my Hollis, HOG and DR wings. Can anyone point me to the right (best) option to fix this on a scubapro BC?

Thanks..

Mark

I recently had a small leak on my ScubaPro Seahawk at the same spot. I discovered that during a post dive soak the inside O ring (it lays inside the male threaded part that is attached to the bladder) had fallen out. Luckily for me I use my rolling dive box as my freshwater soak tank so I found it in the bottom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the problem is the elbow you should be able to unscrew and replace the elbow assembly.

https://www.divegearexpress.com/elbow-plain-non-exhaust-w-nut

I will double check, but I don't think that elbow with work with a ScubaPro bladder. I have 4 BC with that 12-point 'indexed' fitting, and the ScubaPro bladder fitting does not have that same openning.

I am guessing that Somebody else makes one that will fit, I just have not come accross it yet.

Thats possible I know some MFG's use their own proprietary fittings, have you gone to a Scubapro distributor and asked if they can order you just the single part ?

fab154d6581320cf0a978c65ca56c2a5.jpg

Does yours look like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it looks like the picture, for about $50 (parts, tools, silicone) you can convert to a regular inflator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom