Question Replacement Inflator Elbow for Seac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ski_Lounge

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm trying to replace an inflator elbow mechanism on a (Seac) BCD, elbow pictured below. I didn't find replacement elbow parts for Seac when I looked online at the major scuba retailers (US). Would anyone know where I can source one of these from? It's an old BC, but would like to have it functional again as a spare.

It looks suspiciously similar to the ScubaPro elbow (note the ridges), and it actually screwed on just fine when I tried it on my ScubaPro X-Tek wing. Perhaps the cross-compatibility is by design?

Attachments

• IMG_20230408_213555.jpg
    IMG_20230408_213555.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 54
The upper inflator seems to be like the SaekoDive inflator.
The lower elbow is like the one used in HOG bladders.

Attachments

• IMG_1553.JPG
    IMG_1553.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1527.JPG
    IMG_1527.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 63
Right, the bottom one is easy to find (DGX, for instance) but sadly I need to replace the top one. Not seeing many google hits for Saeko available in the US, taking a closer look.

Posting an update in case future readers run into this -- I'm happy to say I located replacement elbows for the Seac & ScubaPro inflator connectors.

The nice folks at SubGravity sent me pictures of the reverse of their elbow ("standard" variant option), which matches the exact profile. Ordered a couple spares, fits perfectly, holds air, the whole works. (Link below.)

Replaced the pull-dump elbow and got rid of the internal cable inside the corrugated hose; I do not like this mechanism.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom