Scubapro Seawing Nova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just bought mine today. Tried some in the pool and was impressed. Going to Cozumel in 3 weeks and will put them to the test. But then, (don't want to start the war again) I have been using a pair of Tusa split fins. Easy on the knees and ankles (I am getting older yanno) and will see if my old bones are up to the challenge.

I have a pair of Mares Raptors similar to TUSA X-pert Zoom. I am giving the Raptors away to a buddy. There is no comparison in comfort and performance to the Nova. Again the only thing I do not like about the Nova is the positive buoyancy when surface kicking.

is there any difference in firmness between the black and white models?

It is just a matter of personal taste. Everything else is the same. It's just the color that changes...:D

thanks. the only reason i ask is some years back, there was a difference between the blue and black twin jets when they first came out...nothing that was advertised as such but everyone here noticed the difference.

Just got mine today!! Black but thats ok. I can't wait to use them.

The people I know of who have rejected them have done so for the following reason:

I was very interested in them when they first came out, tried some in a pool, liked them, but...most of my diving is extended travel diving and the chance that they may break at the rib is not a chance Im willing to take, maybe small but more than a few people have reported this problem...Ive heard a similar problem with the mares x-stream which also initially appealed, ended up buying some oceanic vipers, for travel, and attached some Tusa springs, pretty light fins, I like them.

I use the Nova's. So does my Buddy, So does my Wife.

they are fantastic.

The white ones are good for photography, just dont scratch them, the scratch changes colour over a few dives and they start looking gross.

We have changed the ankle strap to different colours to differentiate them on the boat.

You get blue, yellow red and i think white as well.

Works well for identifying your fins on a busy boat!

Back
Top Bottom