Scubapro S620ti, "super-flow" hoses & swivels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the myflex 40" hose in my regulator and I am going to replace it with the regular rubber hose. The rubber hose lasts longer and isn't any worse in comfort. You will need to use a swivel with either type of hoses anyways.

Appreciate to understand your views much better. I though Miflex hoses were supposed be more durable and less rigid than rubber hoses.

Appreciate to understand your views much better. I though Miflex hoses were supposed be more durable and less rigid than rubber hoses.

This hasn't been my experience, the Miflex hose is wearing out much sooner than a regular hose.

I'm phasing out all my nylon braided hoses and going back to rubber, sure the nylon hoses are lighter and more flexible, but what concerns me is you can't really tell what condition they are in, they all look new on the outside regardless of age. There have been numerous reports of them failing without any visible external damage/wear etc at least with rubber hoses, save a crimp failure, they usually give some warning, bulging, peeling etc. YMMV.

I'm phasing out all my nylon braided hoses and going back to rubber, sure the nylon hoses are lighter and more flexible, but what concerns me is you can't really tell what condition they are in, they all look new on the outside regardless of age. There have been numerous reports of them failing without any visible external damage/wear etc at least with rubber hoses, save a crimp failure, they usually give some warning, bulging, peeling etc. YMMV.

And the problematic failure mode is they just stop delivering gas. But you should be able to disassemble and inspect to prevent this failure mode.

The improvement of the WOB concerning the S620ti comes only from a different exhaust design in the body that routes the exhaled air in a way that one can produce a sort of venturi while exhaling.

So the improvement of the WOB concerns exclusively the exhale process, which is for 99% of dive profiles of almost no relevance.

Exact what I see for years, SP doesn't try to improve the easyness and smoothness of the inhaling process at least to the level they had reached with the AIR1 and the D-Series, instead they are working on bigger exhaust valves and 'exhale venturi' to impress the customers with better ANSTI Machine results.

Did ever someone of you had problems while diving because of a too hard exhaling?

And the MK17 stays for me substandard until SP gets the lousy balancing improved.........:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom