scubapro S600 or A700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

between S600 and A700, I will choose A700. Agree with Tbone, I will go for G260 over S600 as well. If it was between A700 and G260, it will be tougher choice, I may chose G260 just because I have very good experience with G250v which was replaced by G260

I have the S600 - I could have gotten the A700 but I prefer the light weight and compactness of the S600 over the A700 and the G260. I don't really think there's much of a difference in terms of breathability and since you're pairing it with the MK25, either choice is going to give you a great setup.

thanks for the info everyone. I still have a bit of thinking to do.

why compromise? 5' isn't long enough for single file,

It's not a compromise, around 5ft is the ideal length (for me, an average size person) to be routed in the hogarthian way without reaching down for a canister light. Since its OW, there' s no need for single file air sharing.

I find the 40" under-the-arm routing less comfortable, and I don't like to use a swivel or elbow. To each his own.

I use the S600 in both tropical waters and cooler waters of Colorado...love all four of them.

It's not a compromise, around 5ft is the ideal length (for me, an average size person) to be routed in the hogarthian way without reaching down for a canister light. Since its OW, there' s no need for single file air sharing.

I find the 40" under-the-arm routing less comfortable, and I don't like to use a swivel or elbow. To each his own.

After trying all possible combinations I finally settled on the same.

All the hose routing/length discussion has thrown me off, but an A700/MK17 is a fantastic reg at a lower price point then the MK25. I have also have a couple MK25/S600's, just think price point on the diaphragm is to good to pass up. Paired with a miflex and a moldable mouthpiece a A700 is hard to beat. I had one of the first G260's delivered and gave it up for the A700.

Although according to ScubaLabs ANSTI machine the S600 and G260 both breathe better than an A700 (all with a MK25), take that for what you will. I'm suspicious.

Although according to ScubaLabs ANSTI machine the S600 and G260 both breathe better than an A700 (all with a MK25), take that for what you will. I'm suspicious.

I have 2 MK17's and a MK20 and a MK25, I will take the MK17 any day of the week, when I service them the diaphragm's get all new guts when the piston does not. I have seen plenty of pistons fail and have to be replaced, typically when HP Steels are the tanks of choice. We could get into the repair kit costs etc... but not really necessary.. :)

ScubaPro undersells their diaphragm regulators in my opinion......

Just to let everyone know. I got the A700 with the mk25. The A700 is a little heavy but i think it will be fine. I just picked it up today so i haven't uesed it yet. Unfortunately i think the season is over for me... untill i get a drysuit. Thanks for all the info!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom