scubapro S600 or A700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ripman3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi, I am looking to get the Scubapro MK25 EVO. Im not sure what 2ND stage I should get. The S 600 or the A700. Can anyone tell me what they think about the 2 regs.
Thanks

If you can afford the A700 I'd go for it. It's badass. I would choose G260 over the S600 personally, but that's just me. The S600 is nice because it doesn't weigh anything.

I'm not the biggest Scubapro guru, so not quite as qualified as others, but the biggest one is to make sure you get a good secondary to go with it and set your hose routing up properly. Don't dive an Air2, get a R195.

SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Sidemount, Rebreather, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - XT Advanced Open Water
This is the best hose routing for singles in a drysuit, and you can slide the secondary to the bottom 5th port for the best hose routing in a wetsuit. Makes a very quick and easy transition to doubles if you go that route.

I'm with tbone, if you can afford the A700 I'd get it, for me the attraction is just because it's metal, robustness and all that. I'm an Apeks guy myself but did recently get a killer deal Ina MM/25 with two G260s and must say was quite impressed with the way they breathe, hate to admit it but I think the second stage is better made than the XTX

---------- Post added November 1st, 2015 at 06:26 PM ----------

Edit function is not working "...on a MK25..."

I like the A700 in cold water, where its metal body helps moisten my breathing gas. The S600 is great for travel to warm water destinations. But guess what, my favorite is the G250v. I use a pair of those for my doubles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have an MK25 with a A700 and a R095. Great set up, I like the chrome and don't have a problem with jaw fatigue.

Although I don't get jaw fatigue I certainly notice the additional weight of the G260 over my XTX, I was using a CA swivel but took it off as the combined weight would pull the reg down in my mouth causing one side of the mouthpiece to dig into my lower gum.

Although I don't get jaw fatigue I certainly notice the additional weight of the G260 over my XTX, I was using a CA swivel but took it off as the combined weight would pull the reg down in my mouth causing one side of the mouthpiece to dig into my lower gum.

try using one of the comfobite/c-bite mouthpieces

try using one of the comfobite/c-bite mouthpieces

yeah, I used to use those years ago until I lost a back tooth, after which the mouthpiece would try to turn around through the gap. Shame as I did like them. I've now taken the CA swivels off both my daily reg sets, man they are heavy, and have gone back to 5'
with 70degree adaptor. After spending 20 or so dives playing with 40", 7' and 5' hoses using combinations of adapters I found the 5' with 70 to be the most comfortable for me. I tried using the SeaCures but couldn't get the Apeks one to seal properly and the G260 one doesn't fit all the way on, it seals OK but I'm OCD and didn't like the 3-4mm gap. I'm using a generic long bite from DGX.

is it common to use an adapter on a 5' hose ?? i can see using a 90 on a 40" routed under your arm.... are CA swivels heavier than a 90 ???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom