Scubapro S-TEK Steamer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ncsuScUbA

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone own the Scubapro S-Tek Steamer? I am thinking about purchasing the Full length 5.0 mm and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it. I will probally try it out at a local dive shop and then try to find it online. Can anyone tell me a good site to check out? LeisurePro does not carry Scubapro wetsuits. Thanks, Daniel

I've got the full 5mm, just like you're looking at. I love mine. You should buy it at your LDS.

WW

Hi Dan:

Yes, i own and often use my 5 mil S-tek steamer.. I find it to be a good quality suit. I also have the 5 mil overlay and use it often when diving in 48 de f. water.

My suit is a 2000 model & does have the nylon linning in. I been told that last years model with the slick skin in tears pretty easily.

With the scuba pro S-tek steamer what is nice is that they come in alot of different sizes for hard to fit people like myself.. The seals are great for being a semi dry suit and does fit good. Hardly have any water entry.. Neck seal is outstanding & fits a little snugger then most. MIne has a size 13" neck seal.

One other thing this suit is a little heavy but i would reccomend this one to anybody that is looking to buy a good quality wetsuit.

One other thing, i havn't seen any of these suits on any of the online diving websites like leisure pro.. Bought mine at my local lds..

Hope this helps...good luck & safe diving....

sam:wink:

Thanks a lot guys, that helps me out a lot. I live in Raleigh, NC and there is a Scubapro dealer nearby. There is also one in Greeneville, NC that I am anxious to visit. I will check it out. Thanks again!

Coupled with a 3 mm hooded vest is good for about an hour UW at 17 degrees C.

I also dive it in 24 degrees C.

Ari :)

I have the 7mm Steamer. It is indeed a warm wetsuit - it really seals very well and the water doesn't flush through it very much.

HOWEVER - it has what Scubapro calls a "SilverSkin" lining. It's pretty much a smooth, silverish lining on the inside of the suit instead of the normal polyester cloth found on most wetsuits - it's similar to the Henderson Gold Core coating.

I hate that lining. It sticks to your leg hair and skin like glue! I've actually taken to slopping my legs up with hair conditioner before I put the suit on.

Also, that lining makes the suit very, very weak. You can tear the inside of the suit VERY easily - and believe me, considering how hard that suit is to pull on you will have little tears all over the inside of that suit. In a normal suit the cloth lining adds strength to the suit - in the Steamer it's pretty much bare neoprene and it's very fragile.

Once you get the suit on, it's GREAT! But, just be careful pulling it on and be very careful of tearing the neoprene on the inside.

Rum Runner in Greenville has an Streamer I beleive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom