Scubapro Repair?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ttriton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I need to send my Scubapro regs & air2 in for maint., no problems just figured it's time to get them maint.
What's the best options for good affordable repairs.
Bought them used, so they are not under any warranty program.

Thanks

Any Scubapro "authorized" Dealer in your area should be able to overhaul them without any issue. For non-Scubapro Shop it could be problematic to get the service parts to overhaul them let alone any replacements parts if any are needed.

25-35 per stage fee, 25-50 per stage for parts depending on what needs to be replaced.... swivel turret or adjustable 2d stage extra. ($10 per)

You always want to take scubapro regs to an authorized dealer just because you are getting better service and the right parts. If you dont have a LDS scubapro dealer you can mail them to most stores. but call first some dealers charge a lot for labor. The average price for a full reg service plus parts should run around $100-$120 if nothing else is wrong.

keep in mind:

1st stage - $25 labor + parts
2nd stage - $25 labor + parts
Octo. - $25 labor + parts

Parts can be $17/kit and up depending on what is needed (so $25 might be a fair number) and upgrades are more yet. I'd say you are reasonably looking at about $150 to start....

I need to send my Scubapro regs & air2 in for maint., no problems just figured it's time to get them maint.
What's the best options for good affordable repairs.
Bought them used, so they are not under any warranty program.

Thanks

An excellent option would be to contact DA Aquamaster on this forum and send your regs to him for service, he's an expert scubapro technician and works at a dealer. The problem with just picking any dealer is that there are essentially no meaningful checks in place (like a license with real exams) to make sure that an authorized dealer's repair person will do a good job. I'm sure many are good, and it's not that difficult, but you don't really know if you found one of the good techs until you've gone a dive or two with the newly-serviced gear.

What about sending them to Scubatoys or Leisurepro? Anybody use them before?

What about sending them to Scubatoys or Leisurepro? Anybody use them before?
If you really want to sen d them out rather than take it to a LDS near you we can do it for you.
Scuba New York, Yonkers NY location. We are authorized Scubapro/Atomic/Oceanic/Aqualung repair facility.
We charge $59. to perform labor annual service for the 1st stage/2nd stage/alt air(2nd stage) + parts.
shipping would be extra..We do service for other LDS in our area,they send us their customers gear to service..cannot /will not name them here.

Back
Top Bottom