Scubapro Reg History

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teller

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Is there anywhere I can look that will tell me the specs for different SP regs? Im looking at a couple G250 on ebay but it seems like there was many different models. Are they all the same minus cosmetics? Im looking at a G250 not a v or a hp just 250.

Pretty much all G250's are the same except for the HP.
Minor differences in the length of the venturi adjustment lever and material used on the cracking pressure adjustment knob.

....I believe there was a 1st generation case that gave a little less ventiri that could be recognized by the design of the writing on the purge button logo.

So this one is basically the same as the G250V that was just discontinued?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=290897287266&index=13&nav=SEARCH&nid=64414918189

Yes.
It's a later one with the plastic coated adjustment knob and long venturi lever.
It will also most likely have a metal orifice rather than the plastic one in the V.

The V has a metal orifice. At least all my 3 that I bought around 2011-2012

Yes.
It's a later one with the plastic coated adjustment knob and long venturi lever.
It will also most likely have a metal orifice rather than the plastic one in the V.

---------- Post added April 13th, 2013 at 07:22 PM ----------

Yes. Even my 109 upgraded with 250 guts has the same performance as my G250v

So performance should be comparable?

Thanks

The V has a metal orifice. At least all my 3 that I bought around 2011-2012

Yes.

---------- Post added April 13th, 2013 at 07:22 PM ----------

Yes. Even my 109 upgraded with 250 guts has the same performance as my G250v

So performance should be comparable?

Is there a way to determine what year the reg was manufactured?

So based on this I have found a few 92-99 G250's and a few 00-07 G250HP's. The HPs are slightly more but not much. Will they perform better? I have the option to buy the 250's on ebay now but the HPs are up for auction for seven more days. Is it worth it to wait on the HPs and hope I can win the bid?

Here's some stuff I grabbed from the museum before its demise - I don't think it's 100% accurate, but it'll get you started.
View attachment 152516

Most seem the prefer the G250 over the G250HP. In fact, the G250V seems to be Scubapro's response to the complaints they received when they replaced the G250 with the HP. The HP might offer a bit more performance theoretically (nothing you would notice in use) at the cost of a much more complex design. I'd go with the older G250.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom