Scubapro R290 general info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moogyboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hi everyone (and probably DA Aquamaster most of all :) )

Okay, here's another Scubapro reg question. I'm guessing that the R290 is essentially an improved R190 in a similar housing, but otherwise know nothing about it other than some people on this forum seem to like them as octos or pony bottle regs. Also, is the R290 common enough in the US so that service wouldn't be a problem? I know some regs are intended for other markets and I wonder if this one might be like that.

cheers

Billy S.

After a quick Google search, almost all references to the R290 were on non-US websites, mostly in the UK. I'm going to surmise then that this reg is not an American market product. Should I conclude that I may not be able to get regular or warranty service locally? On the other hand, the Asian Scubapro website does say that it is in fact derived from the R190 which IS common as crabgrass. Aiieee.

cheers,

Billy S.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom