Scubapro or Aqualung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drplbg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I still dive with my old dacor but am afraid it's days may be numbered.

I am starting to research my next reg..

I want to make sure I dont end up w/ another great reg that no one can work on!

I'm torn between the aqualung Legend LX ACD or the scubapro mk25/s600..

Any recomendations to break the tie?

I've used both ScubaPro and Aqualung --I prefer the Aqualung.

What kind of diving do you plan to do with these regs?

Jeff

i agree that both are good regs, though I prefer the scubapro mk25t/ s600t, we own 3, combined with hoseless computer, great setup, plus free yearly,

Great timing. I'm new to diving and just starting my search for my first regulator. Just today I narrowed my search down to these exact two models. For the people who already answered, I'm wondering why you favor one over the other.

As I'm new, I'm not sure exactly what I need right now, but I definitely want something that I can grow into and use for years as I plan to get into more advanced/technical diving. Although I prefer warm water diving, I live in CA, so I'll probably end up doing plenty of cool/cold (but not freezing) water dives in Monterey.

Also I've heard that ScubaPro's "free parts" warranty is a bit more relaxed than Aqualung's. Supposedly, if you miss a year (or five), you just pay for parts one time, and then subsequent yearly maintenance will again be covered with free parts. Anyone have experience with this?

Also I've heard that ScubaPro's "free parts" warranty is a bit more relaxed than Aqualung's. Supposedly, if you miss a year (or five), you just pay for parts one time, and then subsequent yearly maintenance will again be covered with free parts. Anyone have experience with this?

i DIVE MINE IN MONTEREY ALL WINTER, LOVE IT, NEVER A PROBLEM SINCE 2005, I DID MISS THE YEARLY AND I THINK IT WAS ABOUT $70-80 FOR THE PARTS, AND IT IS BACK ON SCHEDULE, NO PROBLEMS AT ALL,
AQUALUNG IS GREAT ALSO, I HAVE USED LEGEND A FEW TIMES, YOU WILL BE HAPPY EITHER WAY, BUT I CAN ATTEST TO SCUBAPRO IS ALL THAT...

I'm torn between the aqualung Legend LX ACD or the scubapro mk25/s600..
In most situations, the MK25/S600 will perform marginally better than the Legend LX. The AQL is easier to work on than the SP and is less likely to freeze up in cold water, however.

I too am in the market for some new regulators. I got my eyes on either the AQL Legend or the S. Pro MK25/s600 or model of the sort. I like the ACD feature of the Aqua Lung and hope it does live up to it's name but my question is, is the XL or variable adjustable breathing knob on second stage regulators worth the extra cash? I mean can someone easily and safely dive down to depth as air gets lower in your tank without it as long as you have a good quality regulator?

Rob

I have only had a MK25/s600 but am wanting to get another reg. I like the comments.

Thanks
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom