Scubapro Nova Scotia Semi Dry Wetsuit Zipper Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eth727

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Okay I've got a almost new SCUBAPRO NOVA SCOTIA Semi Dry wetsuit. The last time I used it the zipper closed fine. I tried closing it and the begining of it about 1" wouldn't zip. I opened it again and tried it over. The same thing happened. Has anyone out there had this issue. Any idea on how to fix it?
Thanks

Okay I've got a almost new SCUBAPRO NOVA SCOTIA Semi Dry wetsuit. The last time I used it the zipper closed fine. I tried closing it and the begining of it about 1" wouldn't zip. I opened it again and tried it over. The same thing happened. Has anyone out there had this issue. Any idea on how to fix it?
Thanks

There should have been a tube of lubricant that came with the wetsuit, make sure you put some on the zipper, and work the zipper up and down.

If you are not wearing the suit and you are working the zipper, it's not unusual for the inside lining to get stuck in the zipper. This normally happens when there's a fold in the zipper.

If you get sand in the zipper, or you haven't washed it properly either, it's also possible for it to get jammed.

If you're at a dive site and still can't get it closed, making the zipper wet can work really well.

Make sure there's no folds in the parts being closed or that will sometimes stop it from closing properly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom